As a Quality Control Specialist in the Laboratory you will review, monitor and evaluate on-site laboratory quality control of methods, procedures, documentation and equipment, collaborate in the development and maintenance of Quality Control files in Laboratory Information Management System. You may collaborate with hospital laboratory department management in the development and/or delivery of training.
- Reviews and evaluates laboratory quality control related to methods, procedures, documentation and equipment.
- Monitors methods, procedures and equipment performance. Reviews documentation.
- Communicates results of quality control review with department management.
- Recommends quality and/or standardization changes.
- Follows corrective action to conclusion.
- Collaborates in the development and maintenance of Quality Control files in the Laboratory Management Information Systems.
- Builds and maintains Clinical Trials Quality Control file in the Laboratory Information System
- Follows-up on findings from the Quality Management Site reviews.
- Assists with the Quality Management Document Control procedures.
- May collaborate with Site laboratory management in the development and/or delivery of training.
- Travel to various sites Nassau, Suffolk, 5 Boroughs
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field, required.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) registry, preferred.
- Must meet NYSDOH Technologist requirements.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible Laboratory experience, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...