**Test Analyst plans and conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure all application products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. All Test Analysts perform test planning, test design and test execution.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years Test Lead experience which includes a combination of manual and automation testing. The candidate must be flexible and able to work in a dynamic run environment with numerous Web based and Mobile projects.
Additionally experience includes:
Automation Testing (Cucumber & Ruby)
Web Services Testing
Quick Test Professional
Role Accountabilities includes:
The Line Test Lead performs the same responsibilities as the Test Analyst as well as coaching Test Analysts, planning and managing the overall testing effort on the Line, and provides test leadership in collaboration with Project resources.
Other duties includes:
Ensures standard processes and practices are followed
Helps drive skill uplift through coaching team members
Execute and manage overall test effort in the line
Manage overall quality of the software in the line
Coach/train other testers in the line to uplift their skills
Manages that all stages of testing are on time
Plan, gather and maintain test data
Plan & coordinate code movement and validate test environments
Plans test script coverage within an iteration
Identify test issues, risks and blockers, and address them
Collaborate with other team members
Execute tests, analyze results, and log results/outcomes
Identify, log, address and manage errors and defects
Develop and manage metrics and reports for the line**
JOB SUMMARY: With full competency, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system log difficulties as necessary. Guides and advises less-experienced analysts . Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to: Manager/Director
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of complex application programs and modifications.
2. Conducts quality-control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Ensures complex project requirements are executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous.
3. Analyzes complex systems requirements and existing business processes and information systems and develops cost-effective information technology solutions.
4. Analyzes complex application systems issues and provides technical solutions.
5. Validates complex requirements, including functional validation and traceability and consensus building.
6. Tests and analyzes each component/phase of the systems development life cycle including the project requirements, design and programs. Develops complex test strategies.
7. Executes complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents and communicates results. Collaborates with developers and/or end users to determine appropriate solutions. Retests corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
8. Leads in the development, implementation and maintenance of test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
9. Performs complex activities related to User-Centered Design Analysis including the following: Conceptual Design, including UCD and end-to-end experience design; Interaction Design, including Information architecture and workflow analysis; Visual Design, including page design and rapid prototyping.
10. Performs moderately complex user research and validation, including usability testing and contextual inquiry/analysis.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science management information systems, business administration, Usability and Design/Human Factors, insurance or related field is preferred.
Knowledge: Sound understanding of the Nationwide business. Knowledge of the Solution Delivery Framework and Methodology. Familiarity with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Rational Unified Process (RUP). Knowledge in one or more technical areas that support application development, applications, or infrastructure components. Industry certification is preferred.
Experience: Four to six years of experience in related IT profession. One year of experience in project management is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated capability in the following skills as they relate to the IT Analysis profession: Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Interaction design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, Visual & page design, Rapid prototyping, User research & validation, Usability, Contextual inquiry/analysis, test script creation/implementation.
Complete understanding and demonstrated competence in the following skills: business acumen, workforce planning & management, ESDm, Low Level Test Strategy implementation. use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, requirements specification, static testing, traceability, and Test Strategy creation/implementation.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...