This position can be filled in Columbus, Ohio or Des Moines, Iowa.
Candidate must have strong understanding of Windows Servers (Windows 2003 - 2008) and scripting experience with PowerShell / other development tools like Primal script.
JOB SUMMARY: With full competency, designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements complex hardware/software components, tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of systems. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Makes complex modifications to existing hardware/software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Acts as a formal and/or informal mentor to less experienced associates.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager/Director/AVP
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes, designs, develops and implements complex solutions, modifications, or enhancements to existing hardware/software applications or a suite of integrated systems for the company and/or a particular business unit. Identifies and defines new hardware/software technologies to fit specialized business needs and configurations.
2. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex hardware/software components, tools, and utilities including databases, middleware, and personal computer systems.
3. Executes all aspects of complex systems hardware/software engineering projects, which involve multiple disciplines and platforms and impact multiple business units or perhaps the entire company.
4. Executes configuration management, technical vendor management, problem mitigation, change management, and critical situation management to complex systems as well as their multiple platforms and software applications.
5. Performs the configuration/capacity planning, software product evaluation, systems performance analysis and optimizations for software/hardware systems.
6. Provides consultation and technical solutions to management on complex systems integration, compatibility, expandability, ease of use, and multiple platform issues as they relate to hardware/software.
7. Plans and conducts complex software/hardware product evaluations; develops and recommends technical strategies and solutions to management. Conducts assessments of risk, cost, and return on investment scenarios and impact as well as potential compatibility issues with existing hardware/software.
8. Installs complex hardware/software products by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
9. Designs, develops, tests, selects and implements new technical solutions, products and servers as they relate to hardware/software operating systems and applications.
10. Performs short-term strategic planning activities for the development and implementation of hardware/software systems architecture and technical guidelines. Responsible for the selection, directions and performance of engineering activities and analysis studies.
11. Ensures the currency of each environment through analysis and implementation of remediation plans.
12. Drives solution improvements through optimization, enhancements, and implementation of new features and functions.
13. Determines systems hardware/software requirements and design. Assists in the development and management of project budgets and deployment including the training of personnel.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is preferred.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge in advanced operating and personal computer systems. Must have an in-depth understanding in multiple hardware and software platforms, products and applications. Proven knowledge in technical diagnostic and analytical tools. Understanding of project management concepts and techniques required. Thoroughly understands incident and problem management processes.
Certification/ Designation: Certification designation in Project Management or specific technology is preferred.
Experience: Six years of technical software and hardware development, installation, or operational support. Project management experience is preferred.
Skills: Must have the ability to analyze complex systems that have multiple platforms, widespread impact and call for interpretation and coordination of technical and complex fields of information. Must have strong analytical and decision-making skills. Must possess interpersonal savvy and well-developed project leadership ability. Must be able to perform financial and risk analysis on complex operating systems and platforms. Must have strong project as well as process management skills. Must possess negotiation skills. Must have strong oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel, senior management and vendors.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Non-standard or extended work may be required based on project needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...