Develop broad understanding and application of the automotive industry standards and continually strive for improvements and excellence in all facets of the business. Ensure quality standards of parts provided by suppliers and in-house operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Monitor and review current internal and external quality indicators and drive continuous improvement in an automotive environment.
- Understand advanced product quality planning.
- Troubleshoot quality issues to determine root cause of problem effectively.
- Develop, implement, and monitor countermeasures to vehicle related quality issues.
- Gather and analyze statistical data in order to determine vehicle related quality trends.
- Utilize statistical data to drive vehicle quality improvement ideas.
- Work with support departments/groups in order to implement vehicle improvement ideas.
- Lead improvement teams to systematically analyze real time vehicle quality issues, implement quality improvements, and provide summary reports.
- Write detailed reports of vehicle quality analysis and make improvement recommendations.
- Create and recommend vehicle inspection standards based upon internal and external data analysis.
- Support development of work instructions for Vehicle Inspection.
- Create and recommend templates to ensure stable and repeatable assembly and Vehicle Inspection processes.
- Analyze, recommend, create, and support implementation of quality planning ideas for Vehicle Inspection and Production.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related area and two (2) to five (5) years of Quality Engineering experience preferably at an OEM, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities and time frame.
- Possess strong self-responsibility.
- Flexible schedule to work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and effective decision-making.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
- Experience working with word processor, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications and/or software.
- Possess technical skills and knowledge of quality control systems in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Vehicle Exterior / Shower troubleshooting experience in the areas such as:
- Sheet metal
- Sealing Systems
- Adhesion (Primers / Tapes)
- Color Harmony
- Leak Detection (Air / Water)
Kia Motors America is the U.S. sales, marketing and service arm of Kia Motors Corp. in Seoul, South Korea.