Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the U.S. and in the Western Hemisphere, with a team dedicated to democratizing on-trend and validated styles in footwear and accessories for the world. Our brands include Airwalk®, Dexter®, Champion®, American Eagle by Payless Shoe Source, SmartFit, BRASH®, safeTstep, and designer labels Lela Rose for Payless Shoe Source, Christian Siriano for Payless Shoe Source™ and Isabel Toledo for Payless Shoe Source. Our mission is to become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our target consumer.
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
Working under the direction of the Visual Merchandising Manager, the Visual Merchandising Specialist will create all visual presentation and merchandising communication to educate corporate and field associates.
The Visual Merchandising Specialist will also work closely with internal and cross-functional departments to ensure communication alignment and in-store execution. The Visual Merchandising Specialist will interface with all level of management.
This Visual Merchandising Specialist will elevate the in-store experience through impactful and creative visual merchandising principles to drives sales and customer satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities: Develop visual merchandising strategies that align with the company's vision and mission strategies:
and field associates
- Focus on budget-conscious consumers
- Manage segment specific tailored assortments
- Improve our price/value/quality equation
- Facilitate targeted messaging and marketing
- Deliver an enhanced store experience
- Strive for operational excellence
- Support international expansion
- Primary Visual Merchandising responsibilities:
- Puerto Rico
- Fixture Book
- VIA Wall
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Develop seasonal, quarterly and promotional merchandising directives for corporate
with creative and merchandising problem solving
- Have a strong retail knowledge and the ability to support multiple business units
merchandising, fixtures and processes
- Provide a strong point of view and visual direction for the development of in-store
Merchandise Planning and Distribution to insure relevancy and accuracy of all
- Maintain financial accountability and sustainability where applicable
- Work directly with Brand Marketing, Retail Operations, Store Communications,
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years retail experience years, Visual Merchandising or Management
- Knowledge of visual merchandising principles
- Innate fashion and merchandising sense
- Strong creative and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to multi-task under time constraints
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey directions in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with written corporate visual merchandising directives – samples preferred
- Ability to make the right decisions through comprehensive research and data backup
- Executive presence with the ability to present ideas to all levels of management
- Motivate and work cross-functionally with multiple partners
- Minimal Travel required
- In-Design, Photoshop, Excel, Word and Outlook experience
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United Sates.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and /or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify's photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at: 1-888-464-4218.
CBI - Payless - 20 months ago