Come join San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino in the Food and Beverage Department as a Specialty Chef - Asian Cuisine. This is an amazing opportunity for an Asian Cuisine Chef who is looking for a rewarding career. In this position the Specialty Chef -Asian Cuisine is responsible for the overall success of the Asian culinary operations for San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino (SMIBC). Adhering to the Health department regulations and SMIBC standards and expectations of food service and quality, freshness and presentation, the Specialty Chef - Asian Cuisine will oversee the Asian culinary operations to include menu concepts and recipe standardization; labor and food cost control; production and waste control; purchasing and inventory control. In addition, the Specialty Chef - Asian Cuisine will be responsible for the management, training and direction of the Asian cuisine culinary staff.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a management capacity and demonstrated knowledge working in multiple Asian cuisines (Japanese, Chinese and Korean).
- Solid progression through all the culinary ranks.
- Knowledge of current Japanese, Chinese, and Korean cuisine food trends.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as fax machine, copy machine, calculator and a work station computer.
- Previous experience utilizing purchasing and procurement software is helpful.
- Required to currently possess, or obtain and maintain a Food Handler’s,
- HACCP and ServSafe certificate.
- Must undergo and successfully obtain and maintain a current and negative Tuberculosis test administered by a San Manuel approved medical facility.
- Must have a current and valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by the company insurance carrier.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” Gaming License from the San Manuel Gaming Commission.
San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino - 19 months ago