Under the direction of the District Vice President of Specialty Leasing, to achieve the center Specialty Leasing and Kiosk budget by driving revenue while identifying appropriate uses, using thoughtful placement and executing visual merchandising and kiosk designs appropriate for the center’s tier.
- Favorably negotiate and execute Specialty Leasing and Kiosk agreements with retailers to achieve the center budgets.
- Identify and secure appropriate retailers, Uses or concepts that align with the center tier.
- To have a strong understanding of the business of retail and its relation to the negotiated deal points.
- Be responsive and address all obstacles in a self-directed, timely manner. Be proactive and maintain a positive disposition.
- Be the subject matter expert for SL and Kiosk with a strong understanding of the discipline and center vision.
- Maintain a strong and healthy working relationship both internally and externally at all times.
- Prospect regularly for new local and regional retail concepts, while maintaining relationships with current retailers and prospective clients
- Maintain and update regularly lead activity in the respective program designated by Westfield.
- Have a strong understanding of the local center demographics, top sales categories, sales for key retailers, market conditions and leasing’s most up-to-date activity.
- Align with the leasing and management merchandising strategy for the center.
- Responsible for the overall Specialty Leasing common area experience by way of: display, visual merchandising, signage, operations, and responsible placement as well as retailer and customer relations.
- Verify billings/expenses.
- Maintain D1 schedules.
- Ensure Specialty Leasing compliance with CSA/audit procedures.
- M.O.D. schedule one time per month.
- Manage administration support.
- Complete involvement and follow-through in deal process with lease administration, design and tenant coordination to ensure smooth deal process
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, business plans and internal reports and measures
- Ability to interpret kiosk architectural designs and conceptual drawings
- Basic knowledge of city codes
- Ability to work and communicate the at all levels
- Maintain monthly kiosk lease-up forecasts
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Two+ years in shopping center industry, preferably Leasing or Specialty Leasing
- Four year college degree preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills with a flair for the creative
- Strong written, personal and phone skills
- Ability to use influence to enlist teamwork and develop relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Master of managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
- Self- directed, organized and goal oriented.
- Proficient in technology based software.
- Thorough knowledge of region’s retail real estate market
- Capability to perform under tight deadlines to ensure completion of annual goals
- Must have reliable transportation
- Travel to prospect locally and regionally to prospect
- Attend key industry and company meetings
- Occasional air travel
Feb 5, 2013, 5:28:13 PM
Westfield Corporation - 10 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...