Forest Pharmaceuticals (FPI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: FRX) a leading, fully integrated, specialty pharmaceutical company largely focused on the United States market. The Company markets a portfolio of branded drug products and develops new medicines to treat patients suffering from diseases principally in five therapeutic areas: central nervous system, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, respiratory, and anti-infective. Our strategy of acquiring product rights for development and commercialization through licensing, collaborative partnerships and targeted mergers and acquisitions allows us to take advantage of attractive late-stage development and commercial opportunities, thereby managing the risks inherent in drug development. The Company is headquartered in New York, NY.
As an Office Based Specialty Sales Representative, you will have the opportunity to regularly call on health care professionals (Specialist and Hospital Accounts) within a specific geographic area. Day-to-day responsibilities consist of supporting the promotional efforts behind our products, which includes organizing, tracking and distributing FDA regulated sample products to health care professionals. You will maintain a current and competent level of knowledge on the product line to be a reliable source of information to the health care professionals and the Primary Care Sales Representatives in the territory.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- Candidates should possess 2+ years experience in the pharmaceutical/medical sales industry.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Apply a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Highly effective organizational skills to implement a variety of programs, such as speaker programs and other activities.
- Strong documented sales results over time.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 5 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...