BE A VISIONARY Dream big. Think outside the box. See the possibilities. Offer creative solutions - Amedisys listens Amedisys began more than 25 years ago as a dream in a living room in small-town Louisiana. Since that time, we have grown into a national company with over 15,000 employees and 500+ agencies across the country and Puerto Rico, but have never lost sight of why and how we got here. Amedisys Home Health Services is a leading provider of home health and hospice services. As a national company, we have a far reach and have positioned ourselves as an industry leader in quality care and as the company that is reducing acute care hospitalization. As our growth rapidly continues, we are seeking dynamic employees to aide in our mission: to provide cost-efficient, quality home care services to the patients entrusted in our care. REMEMBER WHY WE ARE HERE We are here to exceed the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families by providing excellent clinical care and premier service Our patients are our number one concern, and we hire individuals who are passionate about enabling those patients to recover faster, while maintaining and improving their quality of life, in the setting they prefer - at home. As a Speech Pathologist with Amedisys, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the health care market. Our motto, service is our passion, says it all. If you share these goals and values call us today and learn more about joining the Amedisys team! As a Speech Pathologist at Amedisys you will:
- Communicate directly with the physician and help determine the plan of care for the patient
- Be responsible for the assessment and treatment of speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Use the most recent and innovative technology in assessing patient needs.
- Gain quality experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team and personal patient interaction.
- Spend more time working with patients and making a significant difference in their lives
- Be kept abreast of current research and advances in the field of speech therapy/pathology
- Be an integral part of a highly skilled team of Speech Pathologists and communicate with them on a regular basis.
- Have flexibility in your work schedule and autonomy in patient assessment
- Be positioned for Career Advancements within Amedisys.
- Receive excellent Benefits to include a lucrative salary, Continuing Education credits, and specialty rehab programs
- Work with team members who share your passion
1. Master's degree with a major in speech pathology or audiology.
2. Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
3. Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence (in speech pathology or audiology) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; or Meets the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
4. One (1) year of experience in speech pathology preferred.
5. Current CPR certification.
6. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
"Speech/Language Pathologist" means an individual who is currently licensed pursuant to
24 Del.C. Ch. 37 and who offers the services to the public under any title or description of
services incorporating the words 'speech/language pathologist,' 'speech pathologist,'
'language pathologist,' 'speech and/or language therapist,' 'speech and/or language
correctionist,' 'speech and/or language clinician,' 'voice therapist,' 'communicologist,'
'aphasiologist' or any other similar title or description of service.
'Speech therapist' means a person who is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment as a speech-language pathologist.'
NAC 449.788 Services to patients.
2. Services must be supplied only by qualified personnel and under the supervision of a physician licensed to practice in this State. Qualifications include licensure, registration, certification or their equivalent, as required by state or federal law, for.(f) The speech therapist must hold a certificate from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or the equivalent thereof.
HFS 133.02 Definition:
- Wisconsin State Specific:
"Speech pathologist" means a person who possess a certificate of clinical competence from the American speech and hearing association, or has completed the equivalent educational requirements and work experience necessary for such a certificate, or who will have completed the academic program and be in the process of accumulating the supervised work experience required to qualify for such a certificate before employment by the home health agency.
BUILD CAREERS, NOT JOBS
Promote an environment that fosters continuous learning. Create your own future. Recognize and reward excellence.
Along with a first-rate employee benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401K options; and paid time off; Amedisys offers its employees continuous learning opportunities and provides them with all the necessary tools and resources to perform their role to its fullest. We encourage rewarding careers and never want to simply offer someone a job. Unique employee programs allow personal and professional growth. At Amedisys, it all starts here with you.
keywords: ST, S.T., Speech Therapist, Therapist, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, speech language pathology, speech language pathologist, speech/language pathologist, speech-language pathologist, speech therapy, speech pathologist, SLP, SP, S.L.P. S.P, Therapy, Speech, CCC, AHSA, CFY, Voice, Voice Therapist, Dysphagia, Aphasia
- Amedisys Home Health Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago