At Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, we offer the professionally enriching career you'd expect from one of the nation's leading pediatric healthcare systems. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is ranked as one of the top children's hospitals nationwide, according to Parent magazine and U.S. News & World Report, plus we've made Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years running. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, generous paid time off, retirement, relocation and more.
As a member of our Rehab Team, a Speech Language Pathologist will be able to work with a multi-disciplinary team and will have the opportunity to grow through our continuum of care including Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab, Day Rehab Program, Outpatient Rehab, and several specialty areas. Our dedication is to our patients and each other as we promote certifications and continuing education.
Your Dream Job is waiting. Are you Strong enough?
To provide the highest quality age-appropriate care for patients newborn to 21 years of age within the scope of practice and established standards for speech-language pathology. To function effectively as a member of the rehabilitation team. To support the mission of Children\u2019s Healthcare of Atlanta. To proactively support the efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and to promote a safe environment at Children's.
\u00b7 Master's Degree in Communication Disorders/Speech-Language Pathology required.
\u00b7 Must have Proof of Georgia licensure in Speech-Language Pathology or eligible for Georgia licensure and proof of application
\u00b7 Certificate of Clinical Competence by the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association in Speech-Language Pathology.
\u00b7 BLS Certification required within 30 days of hire
\u00b7 Knowledge of pediatric theory and practice.
\u00b7 Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information and positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment.
\u00b7 Prefer a minimum of one-year pediatric experience in speech-language pathology and supervisory experience.
1. Evaluates patient\u2019s speech, language, cognitive/communicative and oral-pharyngeal status meeting established standards.
2. Plans and implements effective and appropriate treatment so that functional outcomes are achieved.
3. Completes documentation meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
4. Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
5. Provides supervision to Speech-Language Pathology Aides, Speech-Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow/Paid Clinical Experience, Speech-Language Pathology interns, and students as assigned.
6. While clinical staff may serve a specific patient population, they have the potential to care for patients within the age population range served at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Clinical staff will have competencies that will incorporate age specific guidelines.
7. The licensed care giver includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - 18 months ago