Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Departmental Title: Rehabilitation
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Rehabilitation
Speech Language Pathologists are responsible to provide high quality speech-language pathology services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principles and practices of speech language pathology and with Masonic Village policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Communication skills for accurate, concise and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff.
2. Listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence.
3. Effective clinical problem solving skills, i.e., identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop sound and innovative action plans, execute action plan on a timely basis, ensure appropriate results, etc.
4. Computer skills for effective management reporting including documentation, billing, payroll an expense reporting and statistical reporting of patient progress.
5. Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
6. Current American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech-Language Pathology or current eligibility for certification process.
7. Valid state license.
1. Maintains administration requirements by submitting billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner, assisting in collection of statistics and updating records, informs appropriate staff and managers of patient progress, and contributes to Masonic Village’ Rehab goals and plans.
2. Understands managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines. Provides quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
3. Maintains confidentiality of Masonic Village’ patient information.
4. Ability to work varying hours, including, evenings, weekends and holidays.
5. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
6. Provides leadership skills sufficient to effectively direct and supervise the activities of assistants and aides in delivering quality care to patients, including coaching and teaching skills. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
7. Perceives and responds to feelings and needs of others. Has empathy for the values and motivations of others. Awareness/responsiveness to impact of oneself on others. Expresses feelings and asks for feedback. Confronts issues early and directly.
8. Identifies and prioritizes issues accurately. Develops thorough and imaginative courses of action with input of therapist. Effectively executes action plans. Keeps therapists/manager informed on a timely basis.
9. Evaluates and treats patients who can benefit from interventions as referred by state approved referral source.
10.Complies with MDS and care planning policies and procedures.
11.Communicates patient status and needs to patients, families, and caregivers.