Carolina Speech Pathology, LLC
The premier provider of mobile, bedside FEES.
Carolina Speech Pathology is currently searching for PRN, part-time, and full time Speech Language Pathologists to join our team in the Richmond, VA area. The candidate must have a great interest and passion for working with individuals with dysphagia, particularly with the geriatric population .
The Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for performing bedside FEES primarily in the skilled nursing facility setting. FEES will be performed on individuals that have been identified with sign and symptoms of aspiration at bedside per referring SLPs. In addition he/she will be responsible for documenting results of the FEES and providing appropriate diet and treatment recommendations.
Specific Job Requirements
- Administer FEES to evaluate and diagnose swallowing dysfunction; report findings with functional, clinical, and behavioral diagnostic data; interpret and report test results for patients, referring Speech Pathologists, medical providers, and other relevant parties.
- Maintain production standards as established by the company by scheduling FEES studies for patients in the most efficient manner possible.
- Manage and perform additional tasks related to clinical role including educational and informational inservices for customers of the company in a variety of settings.
- Travel to skilled nursing facilities, hospitals and home bound patients at prearranged appointment times.
- Maintain detailed records of clinical findings, expenses, travel and other data related to the delivery of FEES to the company’s customers.
- Master of Science/Arts in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- Valid license to practice Speech Pathology for the assigned geography of responsibility.
- Proficiency in the performance of FEES. History of at least 500 completed FEES is preferred. * * One to three years of clinical experience in a medical Speech Pathology setting is desired. * * * * Training and/or clinical experience in the areas of aphasia, dysarthria, apraxia, voice, developmental communication disorders, and dysphagia, including experience in modified barium swallow examinations, is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently perform assigned tasks promptly and with a high level of customer satisfaction. Ability to handle contacts with patients, physicians and/or external contacts courteously and pleasantly while providing prompt and efficient attention to customer needs is also essential.
- Skill in handling sensitive matters and patients with tact, courtesy and discretion. Requires excellent verbal communication skills, particularly with respect to one-on-one interpersonal communication. Requires demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently; including determining priorities, organizing work, and working independently.
- Demonstrate conversational knowledge of ethical, privacy and regulatory issues that impact service delivery of Speech Pathology services in all settings served by the company.
- Computer proficiency is required for FEES performance, data entry functions and utilizing company information systems.
- Provide evidence of and maintain a valid driver’s license, a reliable automobile and proof of automobile insurance coverage for work use of a personal vehicle.
- Must be able to drive a minimum 500 miles per week.
- Provide a working cellular phone and active internet connection from home.
Based upon endoscopy experience
Paid professional liability insurance
Paid annual state licensure and ASHA dues
IRA contribution matching
Paid vacation and holidays
Indeed - 20 months ago