The Department of Communication Disorders seeks someone to teach undergraduate and graduate Speech-Language Pathology courses. In addition to teaching, the incumbent will supervise Speech-Language Pathology practicum experiences. All faculty members are expected to advise undergraduate and graduate majors, carry out research, and provide service to the department, college, university and community.
- Doctorate or ABD in Speech-Language Pathology or related field; if ABD, degree must be conferred via an official transcript by August 19, 2014.
- CCC-SLP or eligible.
- Minnesota Department of Health License or eligible.
- Experience supervising college level speech-language pathology clinical students.
- Experience teaching undergraduate and graduate students in speech-language pathology.
- Evidence of collaborative ability and excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of educational technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The Communication Disorders program is housed in the Department of Speech, Hearing, and Rehabilitation Services at Minnesota State University, Mankato. The program is accredited by Council of Academic Accreditation, and has 7 full-time faculty. There are approximately 120 undergraduate majors and 40 current graduate students. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Renee’ Shellum, Au.D.
Department of Speech, Hearing and Rehabilitation Services
Minnesota State University, Mankato
103 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/ .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.