Spenger's Fresh Fish Grotto in Berkeley, CA is seeking an experienced
CATERING SALES MANAGER!
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for all catered functions from origination to execution, including delegation of responsibilities. They will work closely with sales managers and coordinators to generate new business and maintain contact with present accounts.
In addition to owning and operating hotels, casinos and entertainment complexes, Landry's, Inc is one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 480 locations in 40 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick's, Landry's Seafood, The Chart House, Oceanaire, Bubba Gump, and Claim Jumper, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which includes Vic & Anthony's. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses and casinos including The Golden Nugget casinos, The Kemah Boardwalk, and the Historic Galveston Island Pleasure Pier. We need high caliber, experienced individuals to join our organization. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to career opportunities.
- At least 2 - 3 years previous sales experience in a restaurant and hotel operation
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to write business correspondences and set up contracts and function sheets.
- Ability to professionally present promotional materials to prospective customers, and to effectively communicate and coordinate with catering, kitchen staff, and outside vendors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for customer catering contracts.
- Ability to communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand request, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Posses a strong passion and knowledge of restaurant and catering operations including food, beverage, wine and spirits, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to multi-task
- Have a strong communication and computer abilities.
- Proven strong problem solving abilities.
Benefits: Great health and dental, 401-K with discretionary match, paid vacation, 50% dining program, discount retail program and more. Relocation assistance available.
Landry's Restaurants - 19 months ago