Purpose of Position
The Dumper, under the direction of the department supervisor, dumps ingredients to the filler from the spice mezzanine. This position is inter-related and has overlapping duties with the mixers as required.
Position Responsibilities and Job Functions
• Observes Company rules and regulations.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner.
• Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices and excellent housekeeping practices throughout the shift. Follows “if down do" practices.
• Keeps work area clean and clear of debris.
• Work with team members to ensure and maintain continuous improvement.
• Actively participate in behavioral observations in timeline specified, as well as allowing yourself to be observed. Meet observation quota and quality.
• Utilizes computer-based specification database to produce products within the required specification ranges..
• Utilize computer inventory system to generate and read schedules, locate raw materials, and perform transactions to maintain the correct levels of inventory.
• Communicates with the Department Supervisor and Line Operator for schedule changes.
• Obtains and follows production schedule to ensure the correct sequence is followed.
• Checks through the use of software programs that all ingredients are available, or are ready to be transferred to the dump stations.
• Locates product in the warehouse and moves product to the mezzanine in a safe manner.
• After dumping products, clean up any spillage and removes the tote from the mezzanine making any necessary database transactions.
• Performs other assigned duties.
Safe Quality Foods 2000 System Requirements
• Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
• Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
• Excellent math skills
• Good Communication Skills
• Basic level of computer literacy.
Must be able to operate a forklift (will train) and other powered industrial equipment.
• Regularly lifting up to 100 lbs, with or without assistance.
• Regularly pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs.
• Regularly pushing/pulling weight
>100 lbs. with assistance or material handling equipment.
• Regularly ascending/descending stairs.
• Regularly ascending/descending on mobile and stationary platforms and ladders.
• Continuous bending, squatting, and kneeling to perform tasks.
• Must be able to work with strong odors from spices and other dry ingredients.
• HS Diploma/GED Required.
• Manufacturing experience preferred.