Hollander Home Fashions is an international manufacturer of textile products selling to major retailers since 1953, currently operating plants in Georgia, California, Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois and Toronto, Canada, as well as a joint venture in China. Hollander’s product lines include a broad range of bed pillows, comforters, and mattress foundations, which are filled with synthetic fibers as well as feathers and down. Products are manufactured under our own label, under retailer’s store brands as well as designer brands.
Job Title: Spotter / Shipper
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor
FSLA Status: Hourly
Summary: Must have a valid CDL A License to p erform various duties related to shipping and spotting trailers. All work-time will not be spent as spotter and there is an expectation to assist in the shipping department as needed and directed. Duties and requirements of this position to include but not limited to:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education And/Or Experience:
- Move Semi-Trailers from one location to the other and/or deliveries to nearby locations.
- Move boxes from packing to set locations and/or load onto trucks.
- Scan boxes as they are moved, using Radio Frequency (RAF) scanner.
- Coordinate boxes to set and specific location, using in-house computer system.
- Shrink wrap pallets as required.
- Strap boxes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License ”A”: and agree to authorize Hollander Home Fashions and its insurance agent to receive any motor vehicle report or driving history record pertaining to your driving record which may be in the files of the State or local department of motor vehicle agency.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Activities in the work environment will include but are not limited to the following:
- Continuous twisting and bending.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in awkward positions (bending, stooping, stretching, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 40-pound boxes without assistance, including overhead.
- Ability to use a hand cart to move boxes from one location in plant to another, up to 200 lbs. total.
- Ability to move oversized boxes onto pallets.
- Ability to keep up and clean packing area.
- Ability to communicate with Supervisor.
Hollander Home Fashions may not come to mind as you lie in bed counting Little Bo Peep's flock, but perhaps it should. The firm...