This is a third shift position.
The Yard Jockey is responsible for operating tractors to switch empty and full trailers to and from shipping dock and yard trailer parking area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives shipping schedule for ensuing shift and operates truck tractor to move filled trailers to yard parking area as designated
- Monitors and ensures that safety chocks are in place during loading process and removed for return to parking area
- Places and removes dock boards as required
- Operates an onboard YMS
- Handles over-the-road truck driving duties in the event of absence of regular tractor trailer driver
- Assists in snow removal in parking area and around loading dock as required
- Performs other duties as requested by the Fleet Manager
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer
- Must have clean driving record, and pass company pre-employment background check
- Sufficient strength and dexterity to control tractor and hitch full or empty trailers
Experience, Education, and Training:
NFI Industries - 24 months ago