The Site Manager directs the full range of functions pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the GEODSS site at Diego Garcia, BIOT. The Site Manager oversees operations, maintenance, safety, security, quality, facility maintenance and protection, software system administration, and tasking fulfillment for the Government. The Site Manager supports personnel management for BAE Systems. As a secondary duty, the Site Manager achieves and maintains qualification and proficiency in operating optical sensors to fulfill the GEODSS sensor mission taskings in accordance with applicable publications and direction. The Site Manager performs multiple additional duties and other duties as assigned by the GEODSS Program Manager. Required Skills:
1. Manages and directs operations, maintenance, and support activities providing 24/7 support for all GEODSS functions at the site.
2. Provides guidance and direction to BAE Systems staff personnel, subcontractors, and all site personnel in executing operations and maintenance for the site.
3. Monitors daily site activities and performance to ensure all contract requirements are achieved. 4. Develops and administers policies and procedures regarding operations, maintenance, and personnel.
5. Supports Government conferences, meetings, and performance reviews.
6. Maintains open communications with the Government at all times.
7. Exercises full authority to act for the contract on matters relating to daily operations.
8. Ensures continuous, uninterrupted mission operations and maintenance during all Force Protection and Defense Conditions.
9. Validates and implements training and development of site employees in conjunction with the GEODSS Training Coordinator to ensure personnel maintain technical competence.
10. Supports Government inspections, evaluations, and exercises.
11. Accomplishes higher headquarters taskings and reporting requirements.
12. Complies with all security procedures for operations security (OPSEC) and communications security (COMSEC).
13. Supports the site Quality Program and environmental compliance program.
1. A bachelor’s degree is required.
2. An advanced degree is highly desired.
3. A minimum of 10 years direct experience in managing complex electronic operations and maintenance activities similar to GEODSS may be substituted for formal degree requirements. Preferred Skills:
1. A minimum of 10 years experience in the management of complex technical operations and maintenance functions.
2. Personnel supervision.
3. Familiar with 24/7 operations.
4. Experience with Air Force Space Command sensor operations or other service equivalency is desired.
5. Experience operating optical sensors is desirable.
6. Knowledge of the space surveillance network and satellite catalog is desirable
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems - 5 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...