This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, may assist with bariatric seminars on weekends
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Healthcare field required
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related Healthcare field preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license required
- A minimum of three years clinical RN experience required; RN experience in hospital surgery department strongly preferred
- Performance improvement or patient safety knowledge is required
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience preferred
- Experience in data collection, analysis and/or computer literacy required
- Basic statistical knowledge and database management preferred
- Computer proficiency such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint is a must
- Great interpersonal skills
The Sr. Specialist for Bariatric Process Improvement will be responsible for accurate and timely data entry in the Bariatric Program's database. This includes the identification of pre-op risk factors, co-morbidities and intra operative and post-operative occurrences. Collects follow up data in collaboration with individual surgeon's offices. Identifies quality improvement opportunities on the data collected and conducts evidence based improvements. Maintains a comprehensive and accurate clinical dashboard and leads PI initiatives for below target/benchmark trends.
The Bariatric Surgery department advocates clinical quality improvements for the care of individuals affected by diseases of morbid obesity and promotes the surgical treatment in a progressive environment. The Bariatric Surgery Program is a Center of Excellence with many clinical experts who have achieved "certified Bariatric Nurse" certification.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...