POSITION PURPOSE -
The person in this position will be responsible for preparing month-end close journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and other miscellaneous ad hoc projects for Home Depot Interiors (HDI).
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Project accounting
- Monthly preparation, review and analysis of assigned accounts and review of specified accounts assigned to staff accountants included in the consolidated and divisional profit and loss statements and balance sheet.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations in accordance with Finance Account Reconciliation Standards.
- Position will be required to take a leadership role in departmental training and development and be committed to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Preparation, review, and analysis of management reporting
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Typically reports to Finance and Accounting
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Experience in Financial System conversion including Data Migration and Application Integration. Candidate must be a pro-active self-starter with solid time management skills. Must have the ability to handle changing priorities, multi-task outside primary areas of responsibility, establish good business relationships, work directly with management, and have demonstrated leadership ability to manage departmental projects and/or initiatives. Expected to handle confidential company financial and operational information in a responsible manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- BBA or Masters in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years of Accounting/General Ledger experience
- Background should include monthly close, account reconciliation preparation, P&L review, variance analysis, and process improvements.
- Proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Solid foundation in Accounting
- Ability to work with many people across multiple departments
- Knowledge of construction accounting is a +
- SAP knowledge is a +
Home Depot - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...