Job Title Sr Actuary - Employee Benefits Fin Actuarial
West Chester - PA
EB Financial Actuarial
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
salary commensurate with experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Responsible for calculation of DAC, active life reserves, claim reserves, and other actuarial balances for the ING U.S. Employee Benefits (EB) business on all bases of accounting (GAAP, IFRS, statutory, tax).
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting in the financial statements of ING U.S. and its insurance legal entity subsidiaries, including design and execution of controls under Sarbanes-Oxley and the NAIC Model Audit Rule.
- Responsible for setting actuarial assumptions for the EB business, ensuring uniform application of assumptions across products and legal entities, and obtaining all necessary approvals through the defined governance process.
- Management of a team of approximately 5 actuarial professionals located in the ING U.S. Minneapolis office.
- One position is open, to be based in either the Minneapolis or the West Chester, PA office. Limited travel between these sites may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What else can we tell you?
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or a related business discipline
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries (or equivalent), Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- 10 or more years financial, insurance industry, or actuarial experience, including substantial experience with multiple accounting bases
- Experience with group life & disability, voluntary benefits, and/or A&H business lines.
- Experience with stop-loss insurance strongly desired but not required
- Highly analytical, strong oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
The West Chester site offers free on-site parking, a full-service cafeteria, and an on-site gym, with free membership. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 23 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...