Gerber Scientific, Inc. serves the apparel and industrial markets through its Gerber Technology segment, the sign making and specialty graphics business through its Gerber Scientific Products business and the packaging industry through Gerber Innovations.
Senior Analyst, Operations
As Senior Analyst you will support the Operations Supply Chain and Manufacturing organization through a major period of transformation leveraging your operational background and acumen to customize reporting and to meet Operations business objectives. Improve the visibility and accuracy of information, and rely on your extensive operational experience to understand the core processes and look for areas of improvement, as well as to avoid risks. Develop strong partnerships with Operations Management Team across the functional areas of Purchasing, Planning, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality, and bridge the IT service organization to increase customer serviceability and meet the needs of the organization through the period of transition and on-going.
- Key advisor to/ collaborator with Supply Chain Director and other members of the Supply Chain / Operations Team.
- Serves as the “SAP expert” unlocking SAP functionality to improve overall performance and drive system automation.
- Identifies efficient and creative ways to streamline processes, reduce cost, and define and develop business metrics.
- Provide expertise and counsel to end users (internal customers) in defining business requirements and converting them into technical design specifications
- Analyze current Supply Chain operations business processes and initiate discussions with end users to define requirements and recommend SAP best practices to further automate and simplify routine tasks.
- Proposes, designs and Implements SAP process solutions to improve inventory management and supply chain responsiveness via “pull” methodologies.
- Lead projects to implement new or enhanced system functionality, facilitate design sessions and lead business modeling efforts, and provide end user training.
- Perform system enhancements including configuration changes, to ensure proper and correct system functionality, and troubleshoot system issues
- Perform testing and resolve issues by researching SAP OSS notes and/or configuration changes
- Support the end users by developing and submitting report specifications to the IT Development staff – knowledge and experience with end-user reporting tools a strong plus
- Adhere to SDLC methodology and maintain change management documentation, as per Gerber’s IT SOX policies and procedures