This position will be staffed as a Senior Application Engineer in the Fraternal Member and Marketing Systems Unit.
The Senior Application Engineer (SAE) is responsible for leading the development, implementation and support of individual applications, primarily JAVA application. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of the components. This may also involve providing enhancements and ongoing application support to the deployed application.
The SAE partners with the IT Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need. The SAE is also responsible for benefits realization, supporting the development and execution of a benefits realization plan.
Working independently and on teams, this position will take on various roles based on project assignments. Within the context of the IT job family framework, this position focuses on three key roles, with the following estimated effort:
1) JAVA Application Design & Development Oversight – 50%
2) Project Management – 35%
3) Production support 15%
JAVA Application Design & Development Oversight
• Provide leadership and technical guidance to JAVA Application Developers in project management, planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
• Lead effort in testing, debugging and documenting application. • Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to management.
• Lead implementation of application by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
• Lead effort to provide support to production support service requests and perform routine maintenance and support activities.
Project Management – IT Lead
• Lead multiple efforts, use established requirements management methodology and tools, to identify, verify and document business, functional and technical requirements to support development of technology and/or business-driven technology solutions.
• Work with IT Architects to define business solutions, ensuring alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as the target benefits expected.
• Lead effort to ensure that the modified application components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed.
• Utilize problem solving and analytical skills to remove project roadblocks.
• Monitor progress/status and incorporate feedback from stakeholders and customers.
• Ensure compliance to established quality standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or area of functional responsibility preferred, or equivalent business experience.
• 5-12 years of applicable experience
• Excellent project management skillset with demonstrated success leading the development and delivery of information technology solutions in a complex often ambiguous environment.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across business units with diverse work styles to develop solutions.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work under deadlines.
• Past success with Agile development methodology.
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent relationship builder with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Required experience developing with Java, J2EE, RAD, Hibernate and Spring.
• Experience developing in Client/Server environment (Visual Basic, C++) a plus.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- 2 years ago - save job
Though not mentioned in the 95 Theses, Thrivent Investment Management nonetheless has significance to Lutherans. The company is the...