As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Selected candidate serves as an asistant in Tucson, AZ, assisting with the implementation of Division of Children's Services program, with respect to the care and placement of unaccompanied children.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Updates the Federal Field Specialist on the progress of reunification and releases of UAC as needed. Problems are complex and multifaceted in nature and require research prior to resolution.
• Assists the Federal Field Specialist with compiling reports, participates inconference calls as needed, and generates materials for/from these meetings as needed.
• Provides guidance to shelters as needed, related to various DCS Policies and Procedures such as reporting Serious Incident Reports (SIR) in the mandated time frame.
• Keeps records of SIRs that take place in the DCS facilities.
• Sets up and distributes conference calls as requested, develops schedule to visit shelter staff, sends reminders and keeps calendar updated.
• Attends case staffing meetings with the Federal Field Staff.
• Assists with monitoring of the DCS facilities as requested.
• Interacts with other Federal Agencies as requested, including but not limited to ICE, Border Patrol, VERA Attorneys, and Consulates from different countries.
• Provides assistance to the Federal Field Staff as needed by performing research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
• Requests pertinent case files from facilities, and copies, fax, and/or sends case files to attorneys or requested parties as needed.
• Keeps inventory of case files as needed.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in a related discipline (such as social work).
3-5 years of related experience.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Experience working with immigrant, refugee, and underserved populations is preferred
3. Expert in MS Office suite of tools
4. Bilingual fluency in Spanish
5. Local travel to facilities is required and will be reimbursed as per Federal travel regulations.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 19 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...