Sr Bio Analytical Support-QUA003273
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Method development projects, collaborating with R&D, Biological Technical Support (BTS) and Quality partners as appropriate.
- Bench level activities as assigned.
- Provides technical direction to Site Technical Support resources or junior regional Analytical Technical Support (ATS) resources.
- Assists in laboratory training and mentoring of junior ATS colleagues and regionally deployed temporary resources.
- Supports (global) ATS program initiatives in the region; shared responsibilities where appropriate, may lead small projects.
- May owns site remediation program at one or more sites in region.
- Periodic activity plan updates and conference calls and meetings.
- Supports execution of local and regional remediation/robustness activities.
- Site deployment for bench level investigation as assigned.
- Supports ad-hoc global/regional investigations as assigned.
- Supports identification of new technologies (innovation).
Minimum Education Requirement:
Required Experience or Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Relevant Biological Area (Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Bacteriology, Virology)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years in assay development and/or troubleshooting assay and/or product investigations
- In depth knowledge of at least one biological area
- Experience in additional biological areas.
- Proficient in technical writing and use of Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Animal Health industry experience and knowledge of regulatory requirements for developing and verifying methods.
- Experience preparing statistical reports for parallelism and precision analyses desired.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title : Specialist
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Other Locations: NA-US-DE-Millsboro
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
: Standard reagents used to prepare vaccines; potential exposure to BSL-2/3 microorganisms.
Merck & Co. - 13 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...