**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
The information between the asterisks contains specific information about this position while the information after the asterisks contains general information about jobs in this job family at Nationwide.
This position will sit in Columbus, OH or Des Moines, IA. The role will be responsible for using ArcGIS software to make territorial rating maps and will also use ArcSDE as a database management tool for GIS. (Both ArcGIS and ArcSDE are ERSI products.) The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, communication skills, strong Microsoft Office skills as well as a proven ability to produce a quality work product. Prior experience with ESRI (or similar GIS mapping software), especially ArcGIS and ArcSDE, extremely helpful.
Note: This position may be filled at a different level depending on experience.
JOB SUMMARY: Partners with internal customers in determining data and information needs, and in determining the use of information to aid them in business decisions. Analyzes information needs, creates and maintains ad hoc and ongoing reports, and maintains internal databases for related functional information. Performs statistical and other data analysis, and interprets analysis results.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Partners with internal customers in determining data and information needs that will aid them in business decisions. Develops, produces and maintains ad hoc and custom reports for functional area information needs and analysis. Analyzes information contained in reports as requested or needed. Uses various data access tools to pull information for reports and analysis.
2. Plans and supports information project needs, special reporting and new technology. Maintains the integrity of information in internal databases.
3. Retrieves data from internal and external sources and data files in order to keep internal databases current and usable. Exports information to external sources.
4. Determines appropriate information to be shared with customers. Shares reports and information with appropriate area of the company as assigned.
5. Supports the research, analysis and presentation of information by: producing reports, compiling and summarizing information, producing supporting documentation and exhibits, and verifying information received from external sources.
6. May maintain personal computer hardware and software.
7. Assists other associates with preparation of reports and use of information systems, software and related sources of information. Trains other users on report preparation and data base access.
8. Participates in special projects and teams .
9. Presents actionable recommendations, presentations, reports, and documents to help with the use of the information.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, insurance, mathematics or related field. Prefer degree or professional insurance coursework.
Experience: Four years experience in a business information analysis or similar business related position that involves analysis, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing.
Knowledge: Knowledge of business and/or insurance policies and procedures, customer service concepts and practices. Familiarity with product terminology, processes, regulatory and compliance issues is desired.
Skills: Verbal and written communication skills for interaction within the functional area, information documentation and report formulation. Ability to understand business information needs and to analyze data requests. Ability to work under tight time constraints. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer with business software applications for data retrieval, manipulation, reporting and analysis.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Business Unit Director/Officer and the HR Representative.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Extended periods of personal computer usage and report/information verification. Occasional extended and non-standard hours based on business information needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associated assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 17 months ago