Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
- Complete periodic case reviews of other Cloud Support Engineers to ensure the quality of the responses.
- Serve as a resource for researching and resolving executive escalations
- Work with trainers to codify new use cases in our training program
- Provide education and coaching on new technical challenges to the Technical Support Engineers
- Represent AWS Support in the preparation for new product and feature launches
- Act as the escalation resource for other Cloud Support Engineers for complex problems.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in these areas: Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), Databases (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL), Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Masters degree or Bachelor’s degree + 5yrs relevant work experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multitasking skills
- Support / Troubleshooting experience
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Experience with AWS offerings
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
- Open to working shifts
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://aws.amazon.com/careers/
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...