Sr Consultant/Manager Solution Developer (Houston)(Job Number: 11953)
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a senior Solution Developer consultant, your focus will be on deep technical roles and leading teams in development and testing of mission critical enterprise solutions. You will be responsible for the design implementation of custom components and applications using the latest versions of the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, BizTalk, Commerce Server, SharePoint, Office and other advanced components of Microsoft technology.
As you grow your career at Avanade you will build management, technical and planning skills. You will improve your abilities to think creatively, design solutions, and interact with customers. You will also hone your technical, management and consulting skills by participating in large projects and benefiting from the vast knowledge of your teammates.
You will: - Interact with teammates and customers to identify problems and solutions in working toward completion of project goal.
- Lead and mentor small to medium sized teams in the creation of customer components and applications
- Develop technical specifications based on functional requirements
- Develop components of the technical solution
- Perform tests according to a given test plan and documents results
- Perform basic support and debugging in test and production environment
- Identify and escalate problems
- Maintain and repair existing applications
- Lead teams and small projects
o .NET Framework
- excellent communication skills and have hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated enterprise project experience
- 3+ years technology consulting
- Focused Microsoft platform Skills
- Full lifecycle experience developing large scale applications
- 4 to 6+ years as a programmer in a large enterprise environment
- 4+ years demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in the following:
o ASP.NET, Windows Form
o C# or VB.NET
o Microsoft SQL Server Development
o Application Lifecycle Management
o QA & Testing procedures
o Object Oriented Development
- 4+ years demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in the following development methodologies:
o Component based development
o Design for reuse
You must have the ability to travel up to five days a week, up to 80+% of the year to customer locations outside of your home location.
Strong candidates will additionally possess Microsoft certifications or demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Web Services development using WCF
- Silverlight or Windows Presentation Foundation development
- SharePoint, BizTalk or Commerce Server development
- Advanced data layer development
- Azure development
- Mobile application development
- Application integration
- Testing & deployment
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time |
Job Type: Standard
Region: - United States
Job: Solution Developer
Capability Group: Con/Sol - Application Development
Avanade Inc. - 2 years ago