A ssessing the skill levels, a ptitudes, a nd a bilities of job seekers
Coordinating supportive services a nd a ssessing participant progress
Performing job information a nd training searches
Counseling job seekers a nd a ssisting them with career planning in both group a nd individual sessions
Following up with program participants a t regular intervals a nd identifying potential problems that could be remedied with supportive services or counseling
Providing short-term prevocational services a nd job readiness training to prepare job seekers for training programs a nd/or employment
This position a ssists job seekers in a chieving employment stability a nd securing employment that meet their income needs.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following A dditional Education a nd Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent a nd two (2) years experience enrollment, eligibility, or case management.
Experience with MS Office products a nd in the use of a personal computer.
Must be a ble to communicate effectively a nd professionally, verbally a nd in writing, to a ll segments of the population.
MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS) is a leading health a nd human services a dministrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada a nd A ustralia. We deliver a dministrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency a nd quality of government-sponsored benefit programs a cross the globe. Operating under our founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People ®, we have more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide. MAXIMUS is a n A ffirmative A ction a nd Equal Opportunity employer.
Education Required: A ssociates degree from a n a ccredited college or university or equivalent experience
Education Preferred: Bachelors degree from a n a ccredited college or university
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word a nd Excel)
Technical Skills / Knowlegde Preferred: Bilingual capabilities
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Required: 4+ years of a pplicable related experience
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Preferred: Experience working with culturally/linguistically diverse a nd disadvantaged populations in a courteous a nd effective manner
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, a nd verbal communication skills, a bility to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, a bility to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously, a bility to work a s a team member, a ttentional to detail, a s well a s independent a nd a bility to work under standards-based performance measures
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. A ssist with providing functional direction a nd training to staff regarding operational policies a nd procedures
2. A ssist the supervisor by responding to inquiries related to various customer service a ctivities
3. Participate a s necessary in specialized projects, work groups a nd committees a imed a t evaluating project needs, improving services, a nd implementing new service strategies
4. Ensure work a rea is secure of confidential materials, organized, a nd fully stocked of a ppropriate paperwork a t the beginning a nd end of each shift
5. Initiate outbound calls a nd respond to incoming customer calls in order to a ssist internal a nd external clients
6. Maintain a ccurate case records for the participant, both hard copy a nd in computer information systems
7. A ttend meetings on behalf of the Supervisor when requested.
8. Conduct unit meetings in the a bsence of the Supervisor
9. Submit reports a s directed by management
10. Perform other duties a s may be a ssigned by management
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Short a nd Long Term Disability Insurance
Life/ A ccident Insurance
Flexible Spending A ccounts (FSA)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program a lso includes paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a nd supplemental insurance (pet ins., a uto ins., legal plan, long-term care ins, a nd credit union).
MAXIMUS - 2 years ago
MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and...