The Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Storage & Backup is responsible to ensure storage & backup solutions are expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure lifecycle. In this role, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Storage & Backup works collaboratively with other architects, infrastructure engineers, infrastructure operations, applications teams and Technology Architecture & Business Development.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or equivalent work experience is preferred
Minimum 8-10 years of continuous experience in the following
Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
Server technologies (blades and rack mounted, commodity/enterprise class - Cisco, IBM, HP, Dell)
Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Windows)
Network technologies (Cisco, Juniper, HP),
Systems and Infrastructure Management technologies (tools from HP, BMC, CA)
- Engineering roles in a large, complex, global environment
- Good communications skills including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
- Extensive experience in UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and Linux)and Windows based operating systems (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows7)
- Extensive experience in designing Storage based solutions (preferred technology EMC but good understanding of other vendor solutions such as IBM, HP, Hitachi, NetApp)
- Extensive experience in designing backup based solutions with Data Domain, Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL), tape, and software (Netbackup and/or Networker) backup and recovery solutions
- Experience with key storage tools, methodologies and protocols including NFS, CIFS, RDF, Recoverpoint, Flash, Time Finder, Thin Provisioning, Virtual Provisioning, data migration, SMC, ECC, Ionix, Data Protection Advisor, Performance Manager
- Experience designing and deploying tiered storage solutions (EMC Fast VP)
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing enterprise storage solutions
- Deep understanding of Storage Arrays technologies Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel switches (McData and Brocade)
- Deep understanding of Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies to include
- Familiarity with application software (SAP, IPlanet, WebSphere, Tibco, Apache, Veritas, MQSeries, JBoss) and databases (Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL)
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.)
- Understanding of Operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SendMail, NFS, DNS, BIND and other Network services.
- Experience with Enterprise applications and services
- Sensitivity to Security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.
Ingram Micro - 24 months ago
Ingram Micro Inc. is the world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing and logistics company. As a...