The Technical Operations Group is looking for a talented Database Administrator to help expand and maintain Disney Interactive's large number of databases. Be a part of an amazing cross-functional team, infusing Disney's office with a Silicon Valley culture of rapid innovation and development
The successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. Must be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables.
This position requires prior production support experience with the ability to manage systems ranging from standalone database systems to mission critical, high volume, Terabyte sized, production system environments with multiple Vertica database systems . Candidates for this position must have experience utilizing a variety of tools available for Vertica environments.
- Install and configure Vertica databases in enterprise environments
- Create database objects, such as tables & users
- Keep database performance optimized by monitoring system, query performance and tuning poorly performing queries
- Perform space and data access management
- Administer security and access profiles
- Perform backup and recovery operations
- Advise internal customers on best practices to make databases highly available and highly efficient.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of the databases using open source tools.
- Implement Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Evaluate open source tools and standardize monitoring and dashboards to help operations.
- Apply security fixes and handling database upgrades.
- Run database maintenance schedules with as zero downtime.
- Evaluate current configurations and optimize parameters to make read/write operation fast and keep the storage highly optimized and de-fragmented.
- Provide fast and low cost storage solutions depending upon particular database needs.
- Understanding of Data Management process and principles is essential.
- On-call support is required.
- 5+ plus years experience in database administration, recent roles with focus on Vertica support.
- Expert in Vertica, MYSQL or similar DB platforms on Linux.
- Master-Slave Replication, Master-Master Replication and concepts/internals and understanding of solutions to be implemented for large databases is required.
- Proven leadership in providing robust solutions.
- Master-Slave and Master-Master replication experience and able to handle multiple nodes is required.
- Experience with Cluster implementation and management is a plus.
- Expert problem solving and analytic skills.
- Expert level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Unix/Linux knowledge and ability.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field, 5+ years Technology experience
Job Posting Industries
Digital / Interactive
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard