**Looking for a self-motivated individual to be a part of the solid, highly capable team supporting GRC Application.
Must have strong technical analysis and decision making skills.
Must be experienced with Software Development Life Cycle.
Must have strong oral and written communication skills for interactions with management, business partners, I&O partners and vendor support engineers.
Knowledge of the below technologies and tools is desired.
--OpenPages 6.0 (Configuration, Workflow, Triggers, JSP Helpers , Application maintenance and other vendor-supplied utilities)
--Server-Side (Java 6, J2EE, JDBC, Oracle 11, Weblogic 10, Windows Server 2008, Apache/IHS)
--Misc ( eclipse, Subversion, Ant, Maven, XML, HTTP)**
JOB SUMMARY: With minimal guidance, modifies complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in phases.
1. With minimal guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications that are moderately complex.
2. Analyzes and validates moderately complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the design, prototyping and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans and program specifications with minimal interfaces.
3. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements moderately complex software applications according to standards.
4. Develops specifications and programs moderately complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
5. Performs all aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions to moderately complex application development problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in programming and systems analysis.
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in computer programming language. Must have a thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have a thorough understanding in systems analysis and design techniques. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze moderately complex applications and systems. Must be able to program moderately complex systems requiring minimal interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have moderate decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Must have written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and HR Officer
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Associates may have on-call responsibility after normal working hours and/or on weekends.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Not Applicable
Safety Sensitive (SS): Not Applicable
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...