Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
Sr Director of Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing
Title: Sr Director, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing
Reports To: VP Global Marketing Communications and Strategy
Direct Reports: 7
Location: St. Louis preferred. Other locations may beconsidered
The Sr Director, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing will be responsible for leading the efforts for creation and execution of all global content and for the digital marketing and web presence of Savvis globally. This leader will held accountable for driving brand standards, consistent execution of messaging framework and maximizing the on-line channels. The objective of this leader will be to deliver quantifiable leads through both on-line and off-line execution and achieve the overall Savvis revenue and sales plans
- Create and execute message framework and ensuing collateral and content that positions Savvis as a trusted global IT partner
- Build a team of writers and designers who align by the portfolio and brand and develop a strategic plan for the content needed in the market to generate leads.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for maximizing the web as a channel
- Optimize agency relationships and ensure consistent execution
- Design and manage an optimized SEM strategy. Lower the CPC, increase web visitation and engagement across all metrics
- Partner with product marketing and the field marketing organizations develop campaigns that will yield the greatest lead return at the lowest cost.
- Partner with CenturyLink on all brand initiatives.
- Ensure the health of the brand is growing and perceptions are changing where determined necessary
- Collaborate across marketing and all internal departments to build global programs and initiatives that will increase awareness and brand perception
- 12-15+ Years senior leadership marketing experience in B2B SaaS or IT Services/Infrastructure company.
- Minimal 7+ yrs experience managing a team of marketing professionals in a fast paced and often changing environment. Requires a hands-on leader with proven track-record of planning and execution of successful marketing, web and demand generation campaigns with high ROI.
- 4+ years leading branding and digital marketing efforts for a $1B+ global high tech company
- Proven experience managing agency relationships
Education: College Degree in marketing, communications or business. MBA is strongly preferred for this role.
- Requires strong communication skills: verbal and writing skills - both technical and creative.
- Must be able to think and communicate strategically and also be able to execute tactically.
- Strong understanding of the IT infrastructure services industry and products including colocation, hosting, cloud and ITO services.
- Understanding of the financial services, media and brands verticals desired.
- Strong understanding of the full marketing mix, solution selling and sales.
- Strong understanding of the IT buying process and lifecycle marketing.
- Ability to articulate IT services to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, innovative, resourceful and get-it-done results orientation.
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities.
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning experience.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to extract and analyze data.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States . We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
SAVVIS Inc. - 16 months ago