We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Main Purpose of the Role
The EA Worldwide Quality Assurance (WWQA) organization is the global partner of choice for all EA development teams, delivering Quality Assurance processes that ensure consistently high quality products for EA’s customers, on schedule and at the lowest reasonable cost .
The Senior Director of Development QA is responsible for managing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Process for all EA products developed by one or more EA Labels across multiple Studio locations. This is a high profile role for which you will need a strong understanding of the QA process and EA’s business. You will be responsible for developing a “world class” QA organization and drive strategic transformation of the QA processes to increase defect prevention focus through more upstream integration within the Development process and reduce reliance on defect detection practices.
The charter of this position is to ensure that every game development project and service is completed successfully and delivers industry leading results in terms of product quality, efficiency, innovation and cost.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience Knowledge
- Represent the WWQA organization to EA's Label and Studio Sr Leadership;
- Establishes a strong partnership with the Game Development Organization which allows for influencing to high-quality outcomes for the product/service
- Directly manage in-Studio QA Management Teams and indirectly manage a large, geographically distributed team made up of permanent and contract QA staff;
- Pursues business strategy initiatives, in accordance to the needs of the organization;
- Ensure that the organization provides a high level of QA services, responding to the demands raised by the key stakeholders;
- Oversee the design/creation and implementation of new QA services, structures and staffing levels.
- Increase maturity and standardization across the QA organization in the areas of process, communication, defect prevention and overall effectiveness in supporting the Development Process.
- Drive evolution of QA practices to increase test automation, utilization of tools and data/telemetry.
- Act as point of senior escalation when waivers to standing processes and procedures are necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 8 years of management experience in a software development environment;
- Proven expertise in the field of Quality Assurance management, managing large geographically and culturally diverse teams. Mobile QA experience is highly desirable.
- Experience and proven record in managing in a matrix organization structure with support teams distributed globally.
- Leadership and adaptability when facing unique political and organizational challenges.
- High energy and a passion for Quality with a head for business.
- Responsive, results-oriented nature with high energy level and drive.
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills.
- Very strong influencing and partnering skills.
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on time and within budget in a high-pressure environment.
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented, with good interpersonal and follow up skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
- Games industry experience. Console, Mobile and Online
- MBA or related post graduate degree of a reputable university.
- Experience on QA in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- Proven expertise managing large QA teams across multiple consoles and game types.
Electronic Arts - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game publisher...