Posting Job Title: Sr Director, HRBP - Content-Prog-RSN & News
Requisition #: 144285BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Senior Director, HR Business Partner's function is to be a relationship manager and credible business partner, while serving as the chief people liaison for his/her assigned line of business. Such responsibility will include managing transformation and change, mitigating risk, and developing employees, while delivering strategic HR consulting. Specifically, the Senior Director, HRB will be the primary HR interface for Time Warner Cable's Programming and Content Acquisition office located in New York City. This group oversees TWC Sports, News, and Lifestyle Networks. Time Warner Cable Sports operates Southern California's two newest regional sports networks - Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes - which launched on October 1, 2012. In addition, Time Warner Cable Programming and Content Acquisition operate 51 Local Sports, News, and Lifestyle programming channels, and 50 local Video On Demand channels across the country. The total employee population for this organization is approximately 1,400 employees.
Key Responsibilities:Client Support and Coaching:
- Advise client on topics to include organization structure, leadership effectiveness, team dynamics and talent planning.
- Develop and implement programs to raise the performance of people leaders and individual contributors.
- Partner to develop the strategy related to resource needs and define the competencies needed for talent.
- Provide coaching to employees across assigned client group.
- Ensure employees feel connected to the organization.
- Support mission and values in ways that support business objectives.
- Ensure programs support the culture for the location, and partner with assigned clients to execute on location specific programs.
- Partner with clients to develop and implement the development strategy for their employees.
- Define and implement strategies to align business and talent focused around development and succession planning.
- Focus on talent management of the organization through various disciplines such as strategy, development, performance, diversity, recruiting and employee relations.
- Manage a staff of HR professionals and develop the team strategy.
- Establish goals and create mechanisms to follow-up on goals.
- Function as the final arbitrator on employee terminations.
- Provide direct counseling to employees on professional issues that may affect performance, as well as conflict resolution and/or problem solving.
- Provides team development and coaching, in addition to evaluating work product and identifying department or functional training needs.
- Foster an inclusive work environment by tying values and leadership behaviors together.
- Policy Administration, Compliance reporting (EEOC, AAP, FCC reporting), I9 administration etc.
- Manage annual processes such as performance management and compensation planning, which include equity analysis and data integrity.
- Interface with all HR departments, payroll and the law department on matters that impact the assigned client group.
- Provide support to managers and executives during employee performance/appraisal cycle.
- Work with leaders of business functions to understand how restructurings and other changes may impact the organization.
- Provide strategic direction and input on the overall delivery of services, as well as other HR strategies that impact the business and the client's needs.
- Serve as a point of contact to effectively link all HRBP initiatives to help create synergy and consistency across client groups.
- Partner with internal resources to execute HR initiatives and client-specific programs, as well as lead the efforts to ensure seamless employer/employee communication.
- Identify the need for change, and be an integral partner to change initiatives within the client group.
- Work with business leaders to assess employee potential for future roles and responsibilities.
- Identify and monitor future workforce-related needs.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of proficiency in the following Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. MBA or Master's in Human Resources field a plus.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years' Human Resources Business Partner experience or equivalent overall Human Resources experience that can translate into strategic HR capabilities at an HR Business Partner level is required.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years' leadership experience managing and leading Senior HR professionals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure, and meeting goals/deadlines is a must.
- Requires agility in dealing with instant changes in the organization and projects.
- Must be able to supervise remote teams of employees, and must be able to travel.
A.Interpersonal: Must possess interpersonal and communication behaviors that facilitate successful one-on-one and group interactions, while building strategic partnerships and relationships through the ability to influence, cultivate networks, and a compelling communications style.
B.Leadership: Must demonstrate leadership behaviors that guide others in the successful execution of their assigned responsibilities, and help them aspire to and achieve organizational outcomes. The incumbent must be able to build and energize talent through coaching and developing others; build strong strategic partnerships and relationships, and create alignment and accountability through empowerment and delegation; and drive efficiencies by leading change.
C.Business Management: The successful candidate must possess management behaviors that guide or direct the business unit in achieving the outcomes necessary for the organization's success. This individual will have a proven track record of effective business acumen and management that will include building organizational talent, driving execution, establishing strategic decisions, and driving efficiencies through effective operational decision making.
D.Personal attributes: The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for results through personal traits, qualities and dispositions that facilitate success in a job.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00158 - NYC 1 TW Ctr 60 Columbus Cir
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...