Location: Tempe, AZ
Duration: 9 months
Engineers perform a full range of technical work including assignments on Advanced Technology development programs from Technology Readiness Level 1 (concept development) through Technology Readiness Level 6 (advanced prototypes validated in a relevant system environment).
Initial responsibilities will include:
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Fuel system architecture definition
- Operational requirements development
- Support a cross-functional team in design, analysis and manufacturing activities
- Support internal design reviews. Support customer design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Interface with Procurement personnel and suppliers in the manufacture of prototype hardware
- Write development test plans, and develop test procedures in collaboration with Lab engineers and technicians
- Oversee development testing and data analysis
- Document test results and write test reports
- Communicate progress, status, metrics, risks and plans to cross-functional team and management. Conduct monthly and quarterly program reviews.
- Develop project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, risk management and mitigation
- Support the earned value management system in collaboration with Program Planning & Control personnel
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent technical degree. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the development of fuel systems for Aerospace use. Piston pump experience is desirable.
- Skilled in using Microsoft software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
- Due to export requirements, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Engineer/Scientist with ability to develop creative and innovative concepts for aerospace fuel systems
- Experience in new product development, qualification/certification and transition to production
- Ability to translate customer requirements into system, product and component requirements
- Ability to perform engineering trade studies
- Relevant experience in proposal preparation, project management and new business development is desirable
- Ability to identify risks early and develop swift and effective corrective action plans
- Proven track record of meeting technical, schedule and budget commitments while satisfying internal and external customers
- Action-oriented, self-starting approach with ability to decompose overall goals into detailed action plans. Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, empowered, team player
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Able to positively influence others, and resolve conflicts quickly and tactfully