Our client, a publicly-traded, technology company is looking for a Sr. Engineer - Java.
You will be focused on building tools that enable the creation of client's product.
Additional desired skills:
- 7+ years of Java application design and coding experience using Java/J2EE
- Experience with large scale 24x7 systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment, or knowledge of agile concepts (e.g. Scrum, XP).
- Experience with root cause analysis and creating solutions for any performance or functional issues with any of our middle tier tools or services.
- Experience with one or more RDB’s & SQL is required, familiarity with non-RDB databases a plus
- Experience with source control systems, Subversion and GIT
- Should have experience working with software configuration management, deployment, and continuous integration tools
- Experience Agile engineering practices (TDD, BDD, Pair Programming)
- Ability to function competently at all levels of the software development spectrum
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix development environment, including shell scripting
- Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies, including commercial and open-source.
- Knowledge of Tomcat
- Familiarity with Maven
- Good understanding of MapReduce
Progenuity - 18 months ago