Senior Engineer- CR - Engr – Ops
Global Engineering - Ada, MI
Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, this experienced Manufacturing Engineer will provide engineering and technical leadership in the design and development of equipment, tooling, processes and products. This Engineer will lead equipment initiatives from quoting, writing proposals and specifications, to equipment selection, installation, and validation activities. Plant support for troubleshooting mechanical systems and process improvement initiatives are also essential functions of the role. This person will lead capital investment projects in a manufacturing production environment. Additionally, this individual will influence through analysis and reporting, considerations for manufacturing enhancements, including capital investments, to drive a more efficient production environment.
NOTE: This position will be based at our world headquarters in Ada, MI; however, based on assignment travel will be required
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
· Provide technical leadership for all facets of manufacturing equipment; including oversight, purchase, and installation
· Design processes and lead equipment initiatives to meet manufacturing performance, quality and cost requirements
· Execute time sensitive engineering projects working with cross functional teams
· Analyze manufacturing challenges, determining root cause, and leading the corrective action process
· Manage project budgets, schedules, and coordination of activities for a successful outcome
· Evaluate key supplier technical capability and capacity for selection and qualification
· Drive execution of continuous improvement opportunities
The accomplished individual will possess…
· Minimum 8 - 10 years experience in a high volume consumer products manufacturing environment
· Background in GMP setting
· Experience selecting, installing and troubleshoot packaging equipment
· Working knowledge of tableting and soft gel manufacturing process.
· Development of Charter and Scope documentation
· Background in manufacturing equipment activities (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ)
· Project management skills to lead projects to successful conclusions
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to present findings to sr. levels
· Talent to lead cross functional project teams
· Experience leading LEAN or Six Sigma strategies
· Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment demonstrating commitment to goals
· Proven mechanical aptitude
The strong professional will have the following academic credentials ….
Amway’s exceptional benefits package includes: Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance; 401(K) participation; Profit Sharing; Bonus Eligibility; Fitness Center; product discounts. Look into how Amway can transform your career! Visit our web site to apply: http://www.amway.com/en/about-amway/careers . Reference AutoReqID 6140BR. EOE.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline
Amway - 20 months ago
As a $10.9 billion dollar pioneer in the direct selling industry, Amway has been helping the world live better lives since 1959. With more...