Enterprise Application Engineer (Document Management)
Clientis currently seeking an Enterprise Application Engineer (Document Management) with proven expertise in enterprise document management and enterprise search for its firm-wide Information Technology Department. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Services and is primarily responsible for the architecture, engineering, administration and development of the firm's document management and enterprise search infrastructures. Prefer expertise with the Autonomy WorkSite and IDOL and product suites as well. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise for the overall document management and enterprise search systems, including all third party tools and integrated applications and desktop components. The candidate will be required to conceptualize, communicate, engineer, manage, and improve on the current and future document management and enterprise search technologies, and will ensure that all components of the DMS (Document Management System) and search environments are properly engineered and sufficiently documented. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual with prior experience to join a dynamic and culturally diverse team of technology professionals working at the forefront of tools and technologies.
- 5-7 years of direct hands on experience with DMS server and client configuration, matter centric workspace configuration, IDOL Indexer and IUS support, SQL scripting, and tier 3 user support
- An emphasis on providing excellent client service, support and problem solving and a proven record for delivering client satisfaction to both external and internal clientele
- Collaboration with the desktop engineering and quality assurance teams for end user desktop setup, testing, configuration and troubleshooting
- Proven ability to work independently yet also to work effectively in a team setting spanning both business and technology groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze facts, identify issues, and represent findings and ideas clearly with visual representations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, work requests, and assess priorities while working within established project deadlines
- Career minded disposition in the areas of enterprise document management, enterprise search and knowledge management
- Willingness and ability to learn the business aspects of the Firm's Practices and the impact of technology to established and future processes
- Committed to the development, implementation, and improvement of the technology services which are part of the Firm's technology infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to learn and support new technologies and products as dictated by firm business requirements
- Flexible work schedule to account for scheduled maintenance events and/or off hour support and problem resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
5-7 years direct hands on experience Autonomy iManage Worksite product suite
Top 3 Must Haves:
- 3-5 years direct hands on experience with the Autonomy Worksite IDOL
- 3-5 years experience and proven expertise with Microsoft SQL, database architecture, best practices and integration, and SQL scripting
- 3-5 years direct hands on experience with FileSite and/or DeskSite on desktops – prefer Windows 7.
- Proven expertise with iManage Worksite configured for matter centricity
- Proven expertise with document import/export tasks and all related processes and procedures.
- Proven experience with DMS administration tasks for users, groups, document security management, and all related processes and procedures.
- Proven understanding of the application lifecycle process including requirements gathering, analysis, and design
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, and Windows 7.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suites and points of integration
- Understanding of industry third party document management administration tools
- Monitor system performance to ensure system integrity, availability and functionality.
- Construct ad-hoc SQL queries and stored procedures and produce custom reports upon request
experience Autonomy iManage Worksite
Proven experience with DMS administration
experience with FileSite and/or DeskSite on desktops
Very Professional- candidates need to be sharp.
Additional Customer Requests/Notes: (PREFERRED/STONGLY DESIRED SKILLS)
- 3-5 years' experience working with the Autonomy IDOL IUS product suite
- iManage Certified Systems Engineer (ICSE) for Autonomy iManage 8.2, 8.5 or 9.0
- Experience with SQL Server replication technology
- Experience with SQL Server integration Services
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- General understanding of IT infrastructure, networks and operations
- Working knowledge of server virtualization technologies – prefer VMWare
- Strong project management skills