Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management. Responsibilities include compiling and generating reports, providing supporting data for budget purposes, providing consultative and advisory recommendations to managers on data analysis and performance reporting, and working with various financial leadership to develop departmental operational and financial reports. Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts variance analysis process as defined. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews. Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
• Initiates and facilitates investigation variances trends, cost trends and utilization patterns and performs analysis.
• Coordinates process as defined. Ensures analyses are conducted in accordance with administrative objectives.
• Designs analytical reports and prepares complex financial trend and data analysis reports.
• May be accountable for the coordination, compilation, and verification of analytic interpretation of financial reports and analyses.
• Proactively identifies potential data and analytical needs to support management and performance monitoring requirements.
• Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
• May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
• Performs special projects/studies of moderate to complex scope as directed.
• Develops work plans independently.
• Completes structured projects with targeted analytical outcomes, defined clients and project teams.
• Works autonomously and collaboratively with project teams and clients.
• Identifies operational impact of analytical findings.
• Manages projects of moderate to complex scope with general supervision.
• Conducts ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
• Develop spreadsheet and database analyses for presentation and analysis of financial reports.
• Coordinates and interacts with any of the following: Finance Team, Revenue Cycle, Admin, Dept. Administrators & Chiefs, and other organizational department leadership (as appropriate) in providing analytical assistance within defined parameters.
• Facilitates data analysis for and gives presentations.
• Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to financial management and budget systems and related automated systems.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Four (4) plus years of related experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• CPA or master's degree preferred.
• Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
• Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
• Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
• Ability to facilitate design and requirements definitions meetings with a wide variety of managerial leaders.
• Demonstrate experience in both detailed financial and operational data analysis and consultative skills.
• Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Works under limited guidance and accountable to complete work assignments.
• May provide functional direction to junior finance staff.
• Skilled in various applications including MS Excel, Access, VBA, SQL and KP Health Connect preferred.
• Industrial Engineer.
• General Computer Programming, especially SAS (Mainframe, PC SAS, SAS EG, etc.), Web Developer.
Kaiser Permanente - 10 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...