United States – Pennsylvania – Hershey – Human Resources – Full Time
Job Location : Hershey, PA
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Human Resources function for the Global Hershey Experience and Licensing and its multiple owned retail locations including Hershey’s Chocolate World, Hershey Times Square, Hershey Chicago, and HCW Shanghai. Provides HR Business Partner support to the VP/GM Global Hershey Experience & Licensing and the Global Hershey Experience Leadership Team of 3 Directors and their salaried staff of 60 in order to build the leadership capability, organizational capability and culture that will enable the team to achieve the strategic goals of this global business.
The HRBP manages a staff of 2 FT and up to 2 Flex Force employees, oversees the consistent application of various Human Resources programs, policies and procedures in support of the business goals of the Global Hershey Experience. Partners with the Corporate HR Department to provide HR leadership and support to the Global Hershey Experience FT staff, including up to 650 Hourly flex employees during peak season. Develops employment strategy, and leads team to ensure flawless support of the year-round operations and the dynamic peak-season business when staffing levels reach 650+ employees.
- Manages the Human Resources function including the HR staff for the Global Hershey Experience and its multiple locations. Develops an organization and employment strategy, which will support the US and International strategic business goals of the Global Hershey Experience. It is critical that this strategy correspond to the diverse business units as well as different demands/requirements of each location. Acts as a consultant and resource for the Global Hershey Experience VP/GM, Directors and Managers ensuring consistent application of HR policies, processes and systems. In collaboration with the leadership team, build a performance-based culture that emphasizes Hershey’s values & competencies.
- Partners with the Global Hershey Experience Operational groups to develop and implement the Flex Force hiring process to effectively recruit new hires and rehires; communicates status of those Flex Force recruits in process and reports weekly to Managers and Directors. Manages the development and implementation of the reapplication process and reports the seasonal return rates. Plans employment advertising and Flex Force initiatives, such as creative sources of recruitment, applicant screening/tracking, medical screening, credit/criminal checks and recordkeeping. Manages the selection, purchase, inventory and distribution of all employee uniforms for Hershey’s Chocolate World. Manages the recruitment, hiring and benefits administration for the FT Hourly Associates.
- Serves as a business partner by providing HR leadership and support to the full-time employees of the Global Hershey Experience. Communicates and facilitates various training programs such as Employee Surveys, Performance Management, and Discriminatory Harassment to the FT employees of the Global Hershey Experience. Works with Corporate Security, Employee Relations and the Legal Department to provide guidance on investigations and ER related matters. Counsels employees with employee relations issues, referring to management, as appropriate, and recommends course of action. Identifies situations for which an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is recommended for resolution. Coaches Managers on how to handle employee relations issues and disciplinary action.
- Manages and administers HR policies in the areas of wage and salary administration, EEO, Affirmative Action, OSHA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, ADA and Harassment. Supports Health Services in management of Workers Compensation cases to support corporate direction in cost control and re-entry of employees to work, as appropriate. Functions as the Affirmative Action officer; develops and implements diversity strategies in support of the plan. Coordinates the production and distribution of annual Employee Handbooks for the HCW Flex Force and FT Hourly Associates. Acts as the advocate for employee engagement through training programs, morale building, employee feedback forms, scholarship program, employee newsletters, employee activities and monitoring work conditions. Supports a vibrant workplace environment that stimulates employee retention and fosters the Global Hershey Experience mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred (MAIR/HR, MALR, MBA).
- 8+ years experience in a variety of specialist and HRBP roles with a minimum of 4 as an HR Generalist with significant employee relations experience (will consider MBA or MAIR/HR with 6+ years experience as an HR Generalist with increasingly responsible assignments across generalist and specialist opportunities).
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, able to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- A proven ability to establish strong business partnerships with senior managers and operate successfully with the senior management level.
- A skilled HR Business Partner with demonstrated change management experience and global orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; listening and conflict resolution skills with sensitivity to others’ needs.
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to challenge decisions and facilitate change.
- Effective project manager, who defines a project, develops the overall project plan with clear deliverables and timeline and manages the project team.
- Knowledge of EEO, AA, ADA, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation and Safety Programs
- Technical SAP HR & online applicant tracking system knowledge
- Ability to apply Excel, Word and PowerPoint in every day job duties
- Understanding of business concepts and P&L Management
The Hershey Company - 17 months ago
The Hershey Company is a manufacturer of chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s product groups include...