POSITION PURPOSE -
“Want to know what it’s like to work in IT at The Home Depot?”
The Senior QA Analyst for Home Services, Special Services and Design Systems will own the quality assurance and testing efforts of major applications. The Senior QA Analyst will drive various project phases including requirements gathering, planning test cycles, and manage the execution of system and integration test cycles, as well as participate in test execution. Thoroughly planning, executing, and completing test cycles will have a direct impact on the quality of systems delivered to production, reduction of production outages, and ensure our systems meet business requirements.
1.) Develop and maintain cost estimates, test schedules and project plans
2.) Create and/or review test stategies, test plans, test cases, and test data
3.) Present test strategies, test plans and test status to management, business and development partners
4.) Communicate and coordinate planned work with an offshore team
5.) Participate in requirements and design sessions and walk-throughs
6.) Create and review test scenarios and test cases for completeness and accuracy, as wellas, obtain business and development stakeholder approval
7.) Execute test cases/scripts, or manage team to complete execution and review results for accuracy and completeness
8.) Troubleshoot test issues by working with developers in researching and resolving defects and issues
9.) Facilitate test status/defect meetings and help prioritize defect fixes
10.) Assess daily progress and provide team direction in daily activities and priorities
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Develop and analyze master test plans, test cases, test schedules & test scripts from Analysts and Associates.
- Identify and thoroughly analyze defects, issues, risks, and action items along with identifying the business requirements & the system requirements as part of the project team.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics.
- Monitor & instruct team members on proper procedures to ensure team compliance.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass the Drug Test.
Must successfully complete any required training or orientation courses.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Undergraduate or graduate BS or BA with major in the Information Technology field.
- Experience working with/leading teams of both onshore and offshore resources.
- Relational database knowledge (i.e.- DB2, Oracle).
- Thorough understanding and experience using all HP Quality Center modules (Management, Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard).
- Knowledge of software development methods and quality assurance best practice techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communications and negotiation skills.
- 3+ years overall Quality Assurance test experience (or relevant THD experience).
- Interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated team of business and development managers, and matrixed development and QA teams.
- Seasoned tester with skills applied to functional and regression testing.
- Ability to provide QA leadership in test planning, prep and execution.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to draft formal test schedules and estimates, using data points to substantiate
- Ability to formulate and implement improvements into test processes and practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Solid working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Familiarity with the Mercury Interactive Product Suite.
- The ability to successfully, professionally, and diplomatically interact with others and develop relationships with people in the organization.
- Ensure highest quality through use of QA processes & procedures.
Home Depot - 13 months ago
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...