The Product Support/Customer Information System (CIS) Manager is a key member of the Customer Solutions management team and will report to the Sr. Director of Global Support Operations.
This position is responsible for the development and leadership of a team of Product Support Scientists, Product Support Engineers, and Field Network Administrators, which serve as subject matter experts for escalated and specialized support requests, as well as internal investigation teams.
Responsibilities of the Product Support/CIS Team:
- Maintain high responsiveness and technical expertise for supporting Field Service Engineers, Scientists, and Sales Staff via phone, email, and onsite visits
- Provide technical leadership to minimize system downtime, investigate complaints, and provide onsite or remote support leading to rapid resolution of Illumina instrumentation, applications, and computing/networking inquiries
- Consult with Illumina sales and support staff to develop and support analysis solutions for Illumina customers
- Participate and contribute to Quality review teams and new and sustaining product development teams, providing complaint and product trend data and voice of customer
- Serve as a centralized location for customer, field service, field applications, and technical support input to new and sustaining product development, operations, and quality
- Develop and implement global support processes including phone, email, escalations, sustaining communication, training, technical and service bulletins, and creating additional alternate support channels
- Work towards continuous improvement in terms of efficiency of support processes.
- Motivate and lead the team through performance coaching, career planning, and setting development objectives
- Identify, create, and disseminate technical information to customers and support/sales personnel, as appropriate
- Develop strong interdepartmental collaborations with Product Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and Operations to ensure actionable information and recommendations
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
Preferred Educational Background:
• Bachelor in Life Sciences, Genetics and/or combination with engineering or related field or equivalent years, Masters Degree and/or PhD is preferred
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 3-5 years of Support management experience
Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in developing managers, engineers, and scientists
- experience implementing and maintaining support centers (phone and email)
- Experience working with internal investigation teams, creating and presenting product trends, and presenting voice of customer
- Strong experience in communicating and working with external customers and field organizations
- experience in creating, optimizing, and scaling support processes
- Industry experience managing teams that support complex instrumentation, application, networking, and informatics support at customer sites
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to give customer facing presentations
• Excellent communication and team management skills
• Must be very detail oriented
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...