Job ID: 1120-10603
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
Organizational Objective / Purpose:
The benefits department is responsible for the management of the employee benefit plans and other programs, including appropriate competitive positioning of the plans in support of our total compensation philosophy and corporate strategy. This includes oversight and management of plan costs, plan design and analysis, and efficient delivery of plan information and tools to support employee understanding of the plans. Finally, we must maintain an understanding of ERISA, other benefit laws and legislative activity in order to ensure compliance of all plans.
Brief Description of Role:
As a member of the benefits team, the Senior Manager will be an individual contributor serving in an analytical capacity to primarily manage the 401(k), disability and life plans including plan management, design, cost analysis, compliance, and employee communications as well as be involved in a variety of department projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage benefit plans including plan design review and analysis and competitive benchmarking.
- Manage vendor relationships and performance including service levels, plan amendments and annual renewals.
- Lead various plan analysis and design projects tied to HR and company strategies.
- Interpret benefit plan policies and make appropriate recommendations; maintain plan documents and contracts.
- Analyze claims, utilization and financial plan data and make recommendations on program improvement.
- Write, review and update benefit communication materials for various projects. Coordinate with creative services on messaging, branding and production behind benefits communication.
- Partner with legal, HRIS, finance, vendor management and various departmental groups to effectively perform all aspects of plan management.
- Maintain compliance of benefit programs including coordinating the annual benefits audit and 5500 filing, updating the SPD and ensuring all required regulatory notices are filed and employee communications distributed.
- Act as project manager for annual Benefits Open Enrollment.
- Participate in RFPs and vendor implementations.
- Integrate acquisitions for all benefit programs.
- Provide training toHR Directteam on benefits plans and programs.
- Keep abreast of legislative activity affecting the plans.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and practices.
- Participate in teams to execute on ad hoc projects.
- Complete benefit surveys.
In addition, successful candidates for this role will possess:
- A least 7 years of specific benefit plan background working on 401(k) plans, disability plans, life insurance, compliance activity, 5500 filings, internal and external audits, benefit communications projects and cost analysis.
- Health and welfare and wellness plan design and analysis experience a plus.
- Knowledge of federal and state benefit laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Strong project management skills including; organization, attention to detail, change management direction, setting accurate timelines and execution.
- The ability to work well with various groups and individuals, in addition to the ability to be a team player and display leadership qualities.
- The ability to multi-task and work on various projects simultaneously keeping them on track in order to execute on timelines while delivering high quality work and products.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Charles Schwab - 20 months ago
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...