Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions. Targa is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Finance for their Corporate Office located in Houston, TX.
Multiple responsibilities in Finance department with primary responsibility for Investor Relations Responsibilities include:
· Financial analysis and modeling
· Researching financial and midstream energy markets
· Internal coordination and distribution of real-time industry and capital markets news and analyses and their potential impact on the company’s businesses, customers, competitors, stock and bond pricing, etc
· Peer and relative valuation analysis (equity and debt)
· Communication with buy side and sell side analysts
· Management and review of quality and content contained within public research notes distributed by Wall Street, rating agencies and other research institutions.
· Responsible for monitoring individual sell side analyst and consensus estimates
· Ensuring completeness and quality of Investor Relations website
· Writing press releases and conference call scripts as well as the associated management of the production and distribution process
· Coordinating all details related to quarterly investor conference calls and webcasts
· Preparing presentations for analysts, investors and debt rating agencies
· Organizing materials and logistics related to investor visits, conferences and presentations
· Preparing briefing materials, financial presentations, and pitch documents
· Coordinating investor conference presentation production and distribution
· Targeting prospective investors
· Maintain detailed database of current and prospective equity holders / investors
· Educating investors about the company and the industry
· Event planning and logistics
· Opportunity to gain experience in Treasury analysis
· Opportunity to gain experience in corporate development
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or similar, is required
· Excellent interpersonal & verbal / written communication skills
· Strong financial analysis skills
· Sound understanding of corporate finance theory and basic valuation techniques
· Pro-active and self-motivated
· Strong and effective decision making skills
· Ability to seamlessly interface with other company business functions (eg, accounting, financial reporting, commercial)
· Proficiancy in Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
- MBA preferred
- Experience with capital markets a plus (eg. Equity research, investment banking, portfolio management, private equity, etc.)
- Investor Relations experience for a master limited partnership, a plus
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Targa Resources - 20 months ago