Science and Technology
Responsible for the email channel within the central marketing group across all of Corporate Markets. This roles works with his/her team to design and deliver targeted and automated email marketing programs that support the global and regional marketing plans, including awareness, acquisition, retention and cross-/upsell. This role is held accountable for team performance and all results of the email channel within the overall agreed program KPIs.
Email marketing plan, budget and reporting -
Work with annual marketing program owners to develop integrated email programs that support the awareness (theme/product launches), acquisition (lead nurturing), retention and cross-/upsell (customer nurturing) programs.
- Develop and own the strategy and planning of all email channel and campaign concepts for the annual marketing programs.
- Propose, manage and report on budget allocations to the email channel.
- Ensure effective monitoring, reporting and evaluation of campaign results - evaluate/report on ROI of spend versus results.
- Empower email marketers to design and build targeted email programs supporting awareness, acquisition, retention, and cross/upsell for all relevant audiences and continue to improve outcomes.
- Position the team to act as consultants on all campaign initiatives ensuring clarity on target audience/segmentation, messaging and content,
- Oversee agency projects, relationships and retainers.
Effective program and campaign execution -
Work with the team to ensure effective email channel execution – set up and support virtual teams with other relevant departments where necessary (segment/product marketing, marketing effectiveness, digital marketing, regional marketing, brand/event marketing).
- Oversee Aprimo application management, email program design and email execution to deliver effective email programs, incl. segmentations, complex and basic triggered dialogues, landing pages, content spreadsheets, forms, HTML, send-outs, reporting.
- Ultimately responsible for execution of all scheduled email campaigns on time and within budget - as per the annual marketing program plans.
- Ensure an email calendar is available throughout the year.
- Liaise with BU marketing to propose, acquire and develop relevant content assets required for campaign execution
- Empower team to engage and closely manage external resources (e.g. creative, design, copywriting), in the production of campaign collaterals and templates.
- Create alliances with digital marketing to align with web and digital tactics (e.g. micro-site /landing page creation, social media).
- Responsible for ensuring that brand and style guidelines are consistently applied in the email channel.
Marketing Processes -
Manage team to work closely with the marketing effectiveness team to understand and optimize CM contact data, audience segmentation and reporting.
- Empower email marketers to ensure processes for campaign development, approval, execution and evaluation are developed, communicated and adhered to.
- Oversee team to develop new processes as appropriate to improve execution in the email channel – navigating the complex schedule of multiple campaigns, audiences, and stakeholders.
- Responsible for performance improvement of email marketing programs and campaigns by A/B testing, reporting on results, evaluating and making recommendations for improvement
- Work with team to optimize contact and preference management ensuring relevancy and avoiding spam.
- Email team to work with marketing effectiveness and digital team to improve data capture and implement progressive profiling.
Managing a team of email marketing managers to develop, deliver and execute annual email marketing programs – direct reports and contractors (in different locations).
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ensure clarity in role between the team members (FTEs and contractors) as well as optimal communication within the team
- Manage external agency that supports program design and Aprimo implementation.
- Responsible for strong relationship and close collaboration with the marketing effectiveness team (on customer data management, segmentation, analysis and reporting, lead management, teleprospecting) and digital marketing team.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with business units, brand and event team, and regional marketing team.
- Commit to continued education on best practice B2B marketing, email and digital marketing for self and team members, i.e. attend relevant seminars and events and apply learnings to daily marketing practice
Good oral and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, team player.
- Marketing Graduate with 6-8 years work experience in B2B marketing environments with complex PMCs.
- 4-6 years experience in database and email marketing in a business to business environment. In-depth understanding of the email channel and email communication tactics and best-practices for B2B audiences. Experience with managing nurturing campaigns using marketing automation software essential. Knowledge of Aprimo an advantage.
- Must have proven people management skills, experience with managing a team in a global and matrixed organization. Ability to manage across cultures, flexibility in work hours to manage team communications across time zones.
Flexible, organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong analytical skills, good project management skills.
Dec 7, 2012, 2:40:50 AM
Elsevier - 2 years ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...