Job Summary/Essential Functions:
- Perform electrical, mechanical and hydraulic repairs of underground mining equipment.
- Maintain underground equipment in permissible condition as defined by MSHA.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, and complete reports and records as required.
- Perform other, non-maintenance tasks as assigned.
Special Skills or Qualifications:
- Must have current MSHA electrical certification. (High, medium, and low voltage, underground)
- Must have at least twelve (12) months underground coal mining experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Federal mining regulations pertaining to underground mining including electrical permissibility.
- Must have demonstrated welding and fabrication skills.
- Must have demonstrated operating, repairing, and troubleshooting skills on section and outby equipment. (Continuous miners, battery haulage equipment, feeders, scoops, roof bolters, etc.)
- Must be able to troubleshoot from blueprints and service manuals.
- Must have underground miners license or face papers in the state where working or obtain them at the first available opportunity.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED.
- Must have high safety standards for self and others.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors.
- *Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements, Underground Occupations:
- Must have the ability to stand for 4 to 8 hours on uneven rocky surfaces.
- Must have the ability to be seated for up to 4 hours to operate equipment or vehicles.
- Must have the ability to walk for up to 4 hours at a time in uneven and wet conditions through sections of the mine with varying degrees of clearance and headroom.
- Must have the ability to don and wear a SCSR in compliance with the approved MSHA evacuation plan.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 to 70 pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop for a full work period as a result of the mine height.
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders.
- Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit, and confined work areas.
Peabody Energy considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Employment Opportunity/Male/Female/Veteran/Disability
Peabody Energy - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...