Hexagon Metrology Services has 5 immediate openings for experienced Sr. Metrology Engineers for project-based temporary work in southern California expected to last 6+ months.
The Senior Metrology Engineer evaluates and provides contract inspection services utilizing a laser tracker, articulated arm or other metrology equipment. He/she prepares quotes, provides reports to customers, completes required billing forms and assists Metrology Engineers with their daily assignments.
Successful candidates will possess
- Perform basic and advanced contract inspection assignments utilizing a Laser Tracker, Portable Arm, or CMMs
- CMM programming with focus on turnkey type operations
- Hand tool measurement device operation
- Statistical process analysis
- General Quality Lab responsibilities.
- Ability to set up and utilize a wide range of metrology systems to build and/or inspect tools and manufactured products to the customer’s specifications
- Generate customer reports, manage data, and complete required customer inspection reports
- Analyze, plan, quote and complete measurement and inspection tasks based on information presented by customer, which may include but is not limited to, drawings, pictures, blueprints, CAD models or a site visit.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally regarding scheduling, equipment, the status and completion of work
- Provide internal reports as required for scheduling, invoicing, equipment and expenses in accordance to company policy and ISO standards
- Responsible for scheduling, delivering, setting up, performing field checks and calibrations
- Travel 80-90%
At this time we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No benefits or relocation offered. Hexagon Metrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. E-Verify Employer
- A.S. or equivalent experience using a Laser Tracker
- 5-7 years of experience using a Laser Tracker, Total Station or Theodolites
- 1-3 years of experience with articulated arms, scanner or CMM
- Statistical Process Control experience
- Quality Control Lab environment experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- 5+ years of experience using the following software: Spatial Analyzer, Verisurf, Axyz, PC-DMIS, Metrology, Polyworks preferred
Apply to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5927731