In-Line Defect Inspection Manager – Integration and Yield Engineering
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Manager of In-Line Defect Inspection (Defect Free Manufacturing) to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory. The successful candidate will be a member of the Fab 8 Process Integration and Yield Engineering Leadership Team and will be responsible for establishing an operations and engineering focused In-Line Defect Inspection team including the optimization and execution of facility startup strategies and leadership over the transition to a high yield production facility. The Senior Module Manager is responsible for the 24x7 engineering operations and achieving the overall Fab production output goals, including meeting all key safety and production indices such as Wafer Cost, Cycle Time, Line Yield, Performance to Schedule, Die Yield. This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York and will report to the Sr. Director of Process Integration and Yield Engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating and inspiring a focused, results-oriented In-line Defect Inspection team aligned with Lean Six Sigma principles and operational excellence strategies
- Developing short and long term module strategies, policies and procedures and direct the designs, plans, development and implementation of In-line Defect Inspection engineering activities for a high automation, high volume fab.
- Adopting, implementing and innovating best-in-class foundry defect inspection methodologies to accelerate yield learning for Fab8’s customers, technology nodes and products.
- Coordinating closely with GLOBALFOUNDRIES R&D organization for the transfer of defect inspection methodologies and learnings as technology nodes are transferred from R&D to Mfg.
- Provide direct leadership of a large multi-shift engineering team
- Manage all human resources processes for responsible organization including recruiting & hiring, performance management, compensation planning, training, development and retention of team members and succession planning.
- Provide strategic leadership over Defect Inspection tool maintenance programs, processes and activities to ensure minimal downtime for the facility and lowest cost solutions for maintaining a world class operation.
- Develop, manage, and track overall Defect Inspection budget to ensure a cost efficient operation consistent and compliant with business and accounting requirements.
- Act as GLOBALFOUNDRIES liaison with all external Defect Inspection tooling vendors, suppliers, and key resources to ensure there are minimal operational interruptions.
- Manage external vendor and public authority relationships in areas including but not limited to: general and sub-contractors and other service providers as related to Etch tools
- Employ methods for quality improvement and project management for a continuous increase in efficiency of the work flows in the organization.
- Hire and lead managers, engineers and technicians within the In-line Defect Inspection team including goal and KPI setting, and performance management.
- Oversee the procurement, operation, productivity, recipe management and technology roadmap of the installed base of Fab8’s in-line defect inspection tooling including Brightfield, Darkfield, unpatterned and macro inspection tool platforms.
- Working cross-functionally with unit process modules to ensure tool- and process-based defectivity is monitored, trended and driven down to meet the Fab’s overall defect density reduction efforts. This manager will drive collaborative actions with the unit process modules to resolve defect excursions and to put into place defect reduction action plans and initiatives.
- Working cross-functionally with the Yield / Product Engineering and Process Integration teams to monitor and trend defects associated with the process technologies running in Fab8 in support of all customer’s and their products running in Fab8. This team will work on defectivity improvement efforts in order to maximize customer product yields and revenue for Fab8.
- Providing technical expertise for Cleanroom Protocol working closely with Manufacturing Operations and Facilities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Materials Science Engineering or in Chemistry, Physics, Optics, Microscopy.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and semiconductor engineering experience in Defect Inspection tooling and principles of defect inspection theory and practice.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership/management experience leading a large multi-shift team, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Exceptional communication and interaction skills with ability to influence and lead initiatives cross-functionally, both internally and externally and with global reach.
- Demonstrated excellent financial management and analytical skills
- Ability to manage complex projects across multiple disciplines.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs, deadlines and commitments
- Proven leadership and positive execution in semiconductor technology development, product/yield engineering and/or materials analysis technologies.
Note: This position is located in Malta, NY which is approximately 30 minutes north of Albany and is adjacent to the Luther Forest Technology Campus.
- Advanced graduate degree in the above listed disciplines
- 10 years managerial experience in Metrology, Defect Inspection, or Yield engineering disciplines.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).