The Program Director of Global Trade Compliance will manage an existing team of export/import compliance professionals responsible for the operational execution of GLOBALFOUNDRIES’s Trade Compliance Program. The Program Director will utilize strong leadership and technical trade compliance competency to execute procedures related to US and international export control and import regimes and to develop a long-term continuous improvement roadmap for trade compliance. This position requires a significant degree of leadership and influence skills, as you will engage at all levels of internal and external partner organizations. The Company’s trade compliance team has the responsibility for managing export licensing of products and technical data; accomplishing all customer or transaction screenings such as restricted party list reviews; managing export/import compliance awareness training; handling foreign national screening and licensing (deemed exports); classification of products and technical data under appropriate ITAR Categories, EAR ECCNs and Harmonized System codes; maintaining compliance procedures; conducting internal audits to ensure compliance with US and applicable global regulations; and completing any other activity required to progress the trade compliance function within GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
· Develop and operate GLOBALFOUNDRIES’s Trade Compliance Program with a global team based in the United States, Germany and Singapore.
· Maintain a documented Export Management and Compliance Program in accordance with guidelines of Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and other relevant agencies.
· Maintain a documented Customs compliance program in accordance with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and other relevant agencies.
· Provide advice and counsel to senior management and the Board of Directors Security Committee on compliance strategies, function, programs, and solutions.
· Drive the continuous improvement of the Company’s Trade Compliance Program, including automating processes and procedures.
· Partner with numerous organizations globally within the Company, including Legal, Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, IT, and Engineering to develop and execute defined procedures.
· Develop and implement trade compliance audit and training programs.
· Monitor regulatory changes and revise compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing legal framework and business models.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering degree, MBA, or J.D. preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in export and Customs/import roles, with experience in management of these functions.
· In depth knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the Export Administration Regulations, (EAR), CBP, and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS). Experience with equivalent international regimes preferred.
· Experience with encryption, technology transfers, and deemed export programs.
· Prior experience with developing and implementing Trade Compliance programs in large, global companies a plus.
· Prior experience in semiconductor or technology industry a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, especially presentation skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills are required.
· A demonstrated ability to manage professional level employees.
· Able to anticipate and proactively address issues and develop solutions.
· High level of integrity, professionalism, and trust, including in dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge Fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard